New Car Announcement

Jim Tighe - Deceased 1942 - 2012

March 10, 1964 - April 27 2012
Hello, Folks. Back in the '50's and '60's, when I was young, new car introduction time in Sept. was a Really Big Deal. Well, I am somewhat older now, and for me this year, new car intro time occurred yesterday, at 10:20 A.M., when a large car wearing Minnesota plates came rolling up Union St. in Galion. I flagged down the driver, Larry Dunn, and rode the last block to our garage. Larry had driven overnight from Minneapolis in the new rig, which I bought "long distance" from his son, Todd Anderson. This is all Tony Karsnia's fault, as it was he who told me about this car, down in Piqua last month at the M-M event. Gotta blame somebody.

Well, enough preamble. The car is a 1992 Eagle Cadillac Brougham Landau Coach, with a brown padded top over Champagne Beige. Interior is burgundy cloth and woodgrain. Very pretty car, with just shy of 60K miles, and 2 previous owners. You could put it in a service anywhere 2morrow morning with no qualms. It still looks that good, 18 years down the road. Glass is not commercial height, but the "top hat" is nicely done, not ungainly at all, unlike on so many newer coaches. All it needs is 2 medic seats and a cot, the first thing Sharon pointed out.

So, there it is. This has been a very busy wknd, so will close now, tho there is much more to tell about Mr. Dunn and the whole phenomenon surrounding the purchase and delivery of the car, and Lake Woebegone, and the drive with Larry to Orrville, OH, y'day in our old Caprice, etc., etc. BTW, this coach will be a daily use car for me, not a hobby car.

I cannot post pix, but have asked a site member to do so, so stay tuned.

And, finally, apologies to Ron Devies, to whom I almost let the cat out of the bag last week.

Galion out.

Congrats Jim, so good to hear you bought another coach! I rolled past your place last weekend in the S&S Victoria but you wasn't around. Can't wait to see it & hang out with you again. Sounds like you bought yourself a nice new toy!

Congratulations

Of course the irony in this is you haven't drove a pro car in five years. I bought yours and your driving your new one already. I'm not! So when do we get to see some pictures?:weneedpics_smi:

I am asking another site member to try to post a couple of pix. Patience, Ron. May take a little while. At least the "new" car is not as wide as the M-M, so I have a better chance of getting it in and out of the garage. And, even tho it is 18 yrs old, it is crammed full of hi-tech stuff - to me, anyway - and has an owner's manual as thick as the New Testament. Also, I am surprised that it has the smaller of the 2 available engines that year, at least according to the VIN data. Would have thought that a "Coachbuilder's Delete" job would have been given the 5.7, rather than the 5.0. Oh, well, it is what it is, and I just hope it works out well.

If you email me the pictures at tmerrifield@mailshack.com I can get them up for you.

By the way Jim, do you have a DVD player? If so, I have some train DVDs you would be interested in. Old Ohio steam power footage. You may already have them, but if not I can get them to you.

Congrats on the new car! You should bring it to the Ohio Chapter meet this Saturday in Akron. We'd love to see you and your new ride there. :)

man just can't be with out one can he. stored that other car away for how many years. then sold it and ran out a month later to get a different one. Jim you sound like me. :agree:

I'll gladly take the blame for fixing a nice guy like Jim up with a beautiful car such as this 1992 Eagle. I had all I could do from adding this one to my own fleet, especially since it would go with Pink Champagne so nicely. It truly is one of the finest 18 year old hearses around and will no doubt serve Jim well for a long time. If Jim was looking to make a "splash" with a daily driver coach as he returns to the PCS fold, I'd say he picked the right car.

The Eagle is a VERY beautiful coach, it is so nice it looks like it was built yesterday, and that is NO exageration. I looked at it in May and have strongly debated on buying it since. That will teach me for procrastinating!! I am glad to see it went to a PCS member.

The new Eagle is now leagle in Ohio. Got all the paperwork done this morning. Pix from 2 site members are being worked on, so keep watching. Am now going to try to sell my '76 Lincoln Town Car, so if you know of any prospects, send 'em my whey. Unfortunately, we cannot get to Akron this wknd. So much to do, so little time....................

Jim and Sharon's new coach

To see Jim and Sharon's 'new' Eagle coach go to the albums section on this site. Look in my album for 2 pictures of the 1992 Bronze Eagle Cadillac. Congratulations to Jim and Sharon on their new ride.
One of these days I will figure out how to ad a picture to the letter part of the posting here.
Mike

:peek-a-boo:

Last edited:
picture test

I just looked to make sure Jim's new coach pictures are in the album. You will have to view the S&S hub caps/wheel covers again to see Jim's new car. Guess I should have put the car pics in a new album.
Take a look. It is one beauty of a coach.
Mike

Here ya go... could you have made the pix any SMALLER Mike? :hide: LOL!
picture.php

picture.php

I need to give you guys a lesson in linking photos someday. You'll love it once you get the hang of it! it's really easy.

You will be happy with that Eagle Coach Jim! We (actually my mom) have 2 1992 Eagle Broughams now! Both real nice cars and are real good road cars as well that get really good mileage on road trips and have a really good ride to them! I even use one as a back up coach here at the funeral home when we have two services back to back. Congrats on your new toy there!!!

working with what you got

Dwayne,
I may have to take you up on that posting pictures tutorial. With the ones of Jim's new coach I used what he sent me in a letter. I got lucky and made them bigger but then the computer said I could turn them, make them bigger, or smaller, but would not let me copy them. That is how they ended up the size they were and in the albums section.
Several years ago my wife decided she was going to drag me one way or the other into the computer age. Do you know how long it took me to learn on and off?
See you down the road to somewhere soon,
Mike

Jims coach is like Tonys Pink Champaine, it changes color drastically with the light. In the pics I took of it at the coach dealer in May the color varied from tan (like the ones Mike and Dwane posted) to a nice gold color. Here is one I took that made the gold come out. It also has a deep red interior with the one piece Eagle floor mat.
1992 Eagle 7.jpg

Back