'65 Superior limousine

A very neat car and on one of my favorite chassis. I don't know anything about the car, but I would say be cautious if bidding. I've been watching it since it was first listed, and odd things are happening. A few hours ago, the price was $10K. Bids have since been retracted. "Bidders" are also bumping it up $50-100 at a time. Now you've got a zero feedback bidder making 10 of the 30 bids. Not calling shenanigans, just suggesting you be cautious.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Pontiac-Bonneville-1965-PONTIAC-BONNEVILLE-MADE-BY-SUPERIOR/122579053893?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

1965 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE HARD TOP 4DR Made By Superior Only A Few Was Made Like ThisVERY RARE ONLY 19,000 MILES ORIGINAL If You Have Any Further Questions Or Concerns Please Feel Free To Give Us A Call @ 503- 960-7491

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 64
  • s-l1600A.jpg
    s-l1600A.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 55
That is definitely NOT a "hardtop"! I don't believe that anyone ever built a "hardtop" limo.

Incredibly beautiful car and probably the best color that you could have picked on a 1965 Pontiac! Looks to have had some paint and possibly body work done in its past.

Looks like retracted bidder may have been shill top bid retracted was 9999.00 my guess is reserve was 10k. You then had zero feedback game player who almost tripped the 10k threshold so the shill dropped out. The current bidder could be real or a second shill but not likely as he reinforced his bid with a second one above the 10k current one.

Fun & games on eBay! I will never understand some of these sellers. The car is probably well worth the 10 grand reserve. Why not just start it there and let it go, if that is your bottom dollar? Do they seriously think that eBay bidders are that naive?? These games just make potential bidders question whether they can trust the seller!

Being a part time auctioneer I can tell you starting at a low price gets bidders going and they sometimes get caught up in the spirit of the auction. Starting at a high price just gets a bunch of folks standing there saying man thats too much money. The low start get competition going and you have an auction. Remember it takes at least two bidders to make an auction.

I grew up in the auction business. My Grandfather and Great Grandfather started our family's livestock auction business in 1936.

It doesn't always take 2 bidders to make an auction. Sometimes just 1 bidder and a fence post!

Well I was trying to keep that little detail out of the post. But yes some of the best bidders are soda machines potted trees its all about reading the crowd. You should go to the Commonweath of Pennsylvania vehicle auction. They have live on the floor bidding and live online bidding at the same time. I have watched the skillful (Manheim Auction)auctioneers work the on line bidders for many $$$. It is well to remember an auctioneers job is the get the highest price for the seller and their are no friends at an auction. The last statement is not always true about friends.

e bay is not a auction just a auction format. I see a reserve and I just move on. if you don't have a shell buddy bidding it may never attract the other bidder.
you wast your time. if the auction starts at the low dollar then you know right away if your interested or not.

same as standing in front of the car and asking what you want for it. and you get the what you give me response. why wast everyone's time. you know you want every dime it will bring the the other jury wants to steel it. it has a market value put it a few hundred over that so you can come down a little.

I think this is a very nice car and I believe that it would make a very nice addition to a collection. If the seller is shilling the bid, he is cheapening the value of this rare limousine. I believe, as Pete believes, when the bid is low it attracts bidders. I always start the first bid at low dollars. People should allow the auction process to work its magic, rather than contaminate the process with fake bids.

BTW, I really like this car!

Will there are sellers and there are buyers. Me I have discovered that I can buy them I just sell or even give one away. Put the key to happiness is to except your lot in life . I'm having fun owning.:thumbsup:

Looks like it has a new home and it seems like a fair price for such a well kept and rare limousine. Of course, I realize that the styling may not be for everybody, but it looks like a real nice example.

The bidder has bid on 25 cars in the past 7 days, so I am willing to bet that this car will be listed again, or the next highest bidder given a second chance at buying it. I doubt that this is going to be a legitimate sale.

Back