'50 Superior Ambulance

I checked this car out when it was sitting in the field in North central Iowa, but never spoke with the, then, owner. Although it is weathered, it is extremely complete and not a rot box. I LOVE the interior color and the cabinet! Probably all white rig originally, based on the fire wall and door jamb color.

That's an impressive survivor that deserves tobe rescued and restored. For the most part, it appears complete - even the attednant's seats are there! And that typically Superior stamped-steel medicine caninet looks to be all there as well. One woud hoope that some energenic PCS member will save this one.

I checked this car out when it was sitting in the field in North central Iowa, but never spoke with the, then, owner. Although it is weathered, it is extremely complete and not a rot box. I LOVE the interior color and the cabinet! Probably all white rig originally, based on the fire wall and door jamb color.

I talked to the owner several years ago and he wanted $2,500 for it. No title, he had it for many years and also bought it with no title. I have a different opinion on condition though, I thought it was pretty rotted underneath. It does have a cool cabinet in it though.
At least its finally moved from its resting spot in that field.

I stopped at this yard today and the ambulance is still there. It definitely deserves to be restored.

I didn't ask, but he is easy to negotiate with and would probably take most anything on partial trade, as he owns a salvage yard in addition to dealing in project cars and trucks.

Back