window nameplate

does anyone happen to have a nameplate that says MARTIN or and sons or anything to the effect. thought maybe someone might have a couple that they ran across or just don't need and would like to sell them. thanks...

Off the beaten track a bit, we have a local funeral home that supplies livery service to several funeral homes and has all their nameplates on his garage wall.know of no Martins around here but maybe a local livery service in your area????just a thought.

martin

Well, as a matter of fact, yes, I do have name plates that say MARTIN, but mine are all in use! ;)

I meant to sell. but you know that so why don't you get rid of a pair that you really don't need. I mean how many do you need? you only need one pair cause you can only drive one at a time so why don't you unload a pair so you can have bratwurst money and a cold beer with my money!! just saying..(yuk, yuk!) thanks anyway...k

They do still make them and you can get them to read whatever you want in the style that you want. The new name plates really aren't all that expensive when you consider what the used ones bring on eBay.

Im sure you were just joking with Patrick, but I couldn't imagine having to share one set between all my coaches. Its a pain switching them all the time, taking them out of one coach putting them in another, getting the tape measure out to make sure they are centered, measuring the drapes to get them even again if they have to be moved, and doing it all over if taking another car out later that day. And then if you take 2,3, or more coaches to a show they will feel naked. But that's just me.
Martin is a pretty short name and you should be able to get them made fairly reasonably. I haven't checked them yet, but I heard www.hearseparts.com sells them at a good price.

I meant to sell. but you know that so why don't you get rid of a pair that you really don't need. I mean how many do you need? you only need one pair cause you can only drive one at a time so why don't you unload a pair so you can have bratwurst money and a cold beer with my money!! just saying..(yuk, yuk!) thanks anyway...k

That almost sounds like the argument I occasionally get from my family and friends who aren't into cars about why I have so many cars. "You can only drive one at a time." Well, that may be true, but it doesn't mean I have to always drive the same one!

As for John's suggestion of www.hearseparts.com, I had heard that they don't do nameplates anymore. I just visited their website and couldn't find nameplates listed on it. In any case, the Long & Folk nameplates in my Bayliff Packard came from them, and something I remember from when I ordered them is you had no choice of lettering style. They just had the one style and that was it. I'm attaching a photo that isn't specifically of the nameplates, but I hope you can make them out for what they look like.

Attachments

• Bayliffs04.jpg
    Bayliffs04.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 236
Henry Schwab Company

I just received a set from the Henry Schwab Company. They will ask you what funeral home you are with. You just need to explain to them that you are a vintage coach collector and they will sell them to you in any of numerous styles and sizes. Expect it to take a month or two to get them. Very nice people to deal with!

cabin fever

How about a pair that says "KWASNISKA"? Is that close enough? Ha! Ha! just kidding. It is cold here and my mind is getting warped from cabin fever......

:071:

I know about cabin fever. its been cold here for 2 weeks. cant do anything except try to sell a few cars. when it hits 30 degrees here they shut the city down as people here don't have a clue about icy streets. 165 wrecks in harris county 2 weeks ago in one morning no less. we don't have salt or the spreaders here either so they use dump trucks and spread sand. but ive gotten to wear leather jackets that sometimes aren't worn in years and that helps me keep them as the wife says I don't wear em so give em away. not!! I spend my time at home in the garage sanding as that is good enough for me.

got it

I just received a set from the Henry Schwab Company. They will ask you what funeral home you are with. You just need to explain to them that you are a vintage coach collector and they will sell them to you in any of numerous styles and sizes. Expect it to take a month or two to get them. Very nice people to deal with!

thanks kurt. online now to see site. again thanks. k

cold in Houston?

Kyle,
30 degrees? We will take that. We have had some wind chills at 30 below zero. Zero has been the overnight norm for several nights. My daughter says it is interesting to see how cold, a dusting of snow and ice are handled in Houston.
Hope you get your name plates.
Mike

I just looked on that site. All I see is plexiglass nameplates. Am I just missing the cast ones?

Back