Inside door handle 4 my '75 S&S

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
Apparently, Hess & Eisenhardt used a different variation of the standard GM truck inside door handle. My S&S has a screw through the center of it to hold it onto the door latch. This was not drilled after the fact. It was cast that way. Every other GM truck handle that I have seen only uses the retainer clip and does not have that center screw hole. I need 1 of these door handles with the screw hole in the center. Anyone have a S&S parts car with this style of inside door handle??

The other standard GM truck door handles that I have tried are also too loose and will slip.

maybe it's not a truck handle. S&S used a lot of stuff different then the other peopel did. the only GM handle I can think of that had a center screw was a horzonal paddle type on the cars. both chyrsler and ford how ever used the center screw a lot. pictures would help id it. once you know what it is getting one is a lot easer.

3-Way Inside Door Handle

I have determined that both M-M and S&S used these inside door handles on their 3-way coaches. They are identical to the standard GM truck/van inside door handle used on all of the '70s coaches, but they have a screw through the center to hold it on. As best I can tell, they just used this door handle on the 3-ways. Anyway, still looking for 1. Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Kyle,
Does the station wagon door handle have the screw in the center, or do they just use handle with the clips like the G.M. vans have?

6270526 is the GM part number for this handle. It has been discontinued but the dealer locator shows three dealers in the US that have stock on hand.

theres the answer Kurt. I know what your talking about about the handle. old chevy vans had em with the hole but I don't remember what years. sorry but I see the answer above my post. another helping hand from a member. we are lucky in this club....

I found this one on eBay, but it is not the handle that I am looking for.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-1972-G...526-/170989782291?hash=item27cfc90513&vxp=mtr

The handle that I am looking for looks identical to the door handles used on all pro cars 1971-1976 and possibly more years. The only difference in the one that I am looking for is in the screw retainer in the center. This particular handle was, obviously, only used on the side doors of 3-way coaches.

Handle

This came from a 70,s Superior.

Attachments

• DSC01265.jpg
    DSC01265.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC01266.jpg
    DSC01266.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC01267.jpg
    DSC01267.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 75
That's the one! Apparently Superior, M-M, and S&S used these on the side doors on their 3-ways only. Are you willing to part with this one Daniel?

Thanks Dan!!

The inside door handle arrived today. Thank you very much for your assistance in finding this handle for my '75 Victoria! I never would have guessed that it would be that difficult to find one.

not having a picture to guess by makes it a lot harder. all they did was drill out and counter sink a hole in the truck handle. they must have used the remotes off the front doors that had the flat up lift paddle . some of them had the set screw. you find a lot of this one off stuff on the cars. the trick is to figure out what they modified to make work for what application. you see that one still has the slots for the clip.

Ed,
They are not interchangeable with the standard GM truck/van door handle. They are also not a drilled-out version of the standard GM truck/van handle. They were cast and chrome plated as you see it. The standard GM van/coach handle will slip if you attempt to use it on the side loading door on a 3-way. That shaft is, obviously, smaller in diameter. They are similar in appearance only.

Back