1925 Dodge Brothers

They were about as tough a chassis as you could get. I would wonder who the body builder was or if it was a remount. At this tim it was common to put a horse drawn body on the truck chassis.

"Properly refinished a couple years ago" scares hell out of me.

I'm old enough to have recall of listening to the men who finished those cars the first time talk of endless hours of brushing and rubbing to get it right, and I doubt that level of craftsmanship can be found in the 21st Century.

"Properly refinished a couple years ago" scares hell out of me.

I'm old enough to have recall of listening to the men who finished those cars the first time talk of endless hours of brushing and rubbing to get it right, and I doubt that level of craftsmanship can be found in the 21st Century.

a lot different materials today. but it would be nice to know how it was refinished

To me, properly refinished should include putting the roof padding and cover back on and using an era correct front bumper.

Tried...

It is beautiful and looks like a museum piece to me.
Bill; I contacted him about 3-4 months ago, by memory, and he was not 'user-friendly'. His wife was shouting over our 20 minute + conversation and he wouldn't simply remove her, or himself, from the room. Anyway, I inquired as to the Coachbuilder and he had no idea. I asked him to look for the body tag and he seemed agitated, was not cooperative.
It seems he got the car out of a estate car collection and had it refinished by a body shop (that caused concern) for what he claimed was a boatload of money. He did say, he had the drapes. Didn't know about the drapery hardware but, thought it had the coffin hardware. I also inquired about the 'drive-ability' as these old flivvers have a lot of controls (spark advance, throttle, sometimes two floor pedals, etc etc). One doesn't just throw it into gear and drive-off: He had never driven it. My humble opinion: cool but, expensive lobby art or great museum piece. Tough to find a staff member at most FD's Homes that could drive it in a funeral. 'Least that's been my experience.
ps, My memory was, at the time, it didn't have any pix of the side glass. And the seat was upholstered in Vinyl not traditional leather. Hope that helps someone.

Back