Your two-way radio set up?

My question is which one of the two of you want to come mount my radios? That was pretty good work on both your parts. I have been meaning to mount the radio in the 76 and soon the 64. I really had to do some rigging in the 70.

My question is which one of the two of you want to come mount my radios? That was pretty good work on both your parts. I have been meaning to mount the radio in the 76 and soon the 64. I really had to do some rigging in the 70.

Ron, it's really a pity that you don't live up this way. I would be more than delighted to give you a hand with your radios. :smileflagcan:

I know of one PCS Member that sent another PCS Member a round trip airline ticket to come to his home and do some "repairs". Wined, or is that whined and dined him while he worked on the "cars". I am sure that you could do the same to get someone to work on your cars...

I know of one PCS Member that sent another PCS Member a round trip airline ticket to come to his home and do some "repairs". Wined, or is that whined and dined him while he worked on the "cars". I am sure that you could do the same to get someone to work on your cars...

Hmmmmm....and as I recall, the certain someone was a fellow Criterion owner! :agree:

Mounting of radio's

Ron bring Your car to My House and I will install everything for You

Russ

before this post degrades into something else here are the ones in my or now Steve's 72. now I did not hack up the dash and cram that pa 15 in there but someone did. piece of ready rod screwed to the back and down to the steel frame of the dash to hold it up in back.

gettig old I swear I up loaded the pictures. now when I did ht emike clips I put them right were the old screw holes were. so I never drilled a hole in my dash.

Attachments

• IMG_4261.JPG
    IMG_4261.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4262.jpg
    IMG_4262.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 66
That's quite the interesting installation, Ed. I"ve never seen the dash cut out for a siren like that before. Years ago, B.C. Ambulance Service built their own ambulances, originally Dodge Type 3's, and they put the Midland LMR two-way radio in the slot where the factory music radio would have gone, but no cutting was required.

Do you have the main radio portion of that Motorola Micor, or just the control head in the picture?

Thanks for the pics! :thankyou2:

Ok guys, another class at the Int'l Meet. Here's the schedule so sign up now!

001: "Trimming Skirts-101" 3 p.m.

002: "Mounting a Q2B-101" 4:30 p.m.

003: "Radion Installation" 5:30 pm

Professor Ed will be conducting these classes with his associate adjuncts. Tips or beer appreciated. xmass

Doug I did not grab the radio when I picked up the control head. one of the oops in my life, but then I did not intend to put it on line and the extra 50 lb briefcase was something I did not think I would need. they did put this siren were the radio should be in this car. wiped out the cigar lighter to. I though it was some one else that just cut the hole and stabbed it in but when I looked in back the ready rod was bent and washer welded on top for the screw into the case. so it was not a hasty done thing. just one more of the strange things done in this DOD car.

Doug I did not grab the radio when I picked up the control head. one of the oops in my life, but then I did not intend to put it on line and the extra 50 lb briefcase was something I did not think I would need. they did put this siren were the radio should be in this car. wiped out the cigar lighter to. I though it was some one else that just cut the hole and stabbed it in but when I looked in back the ready rod was bent and washer welded on top for the screw into the case. so it was not a hasty done thing. just one more of the strange things done in this DOD car.

I must say that it looks very cleanly installed, Ed. Although it's a pity that the dash was cut, I'm sure that no thought was given to the future, but rather to just making it functional at the time. Admittedly, that installation does keep the siren nice and close for tone changes while driving.

Back