making progress

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
we have got a few things done on this 69. ready to start the go back together of a few pieces.

Attachments

• before and after engine.jpg
    before and after engine.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 344
This car is going through an amazing transformation at the hands of a Master. Thanks Ed... :thankyou2::thankyou2::thankyou2:

Ed

LOVE the before and after pictures posted together like that !!!

Paul will be a proud papa of that when you are done.

Maybe you can drive it to WI next year and Paul can drive it home from there.
That way there is no shipping charge.

You both have lovely ladies who can drive the other cars to and from the meet.

Way to go and keep us in the loop like you did with the '63.

I love to see a good thing happening,
Darren

we got the chassis black from Bill Hirsch and just followed his directions. it's a brush on, toss the brush away, wear your rubbers kind of paint. but a little goes a long way. remove the scale and loose rust and slop it on. it flows for about a hr and sucks into the rust . doesn't do good on clean steel. really smears around on it. they say you can spray it, but I'm betting it floats for a week in the air an sticks to any thing it gets with in 6 inches of.

it set up hard and feels good the next day. we'll see how it chips off when we go back to gather with stuff. but so far it looks like a good choice to me. save a lot of time cleaning up things like bumper brackets and braces if you can just knock off the grease and brush it on. you might want to talk to your banker before ordering it though. but if you don't have to get any other products to do the prep or priming or rust removel it may be a wash. sand blasting and under coating aint cheap eather.

Not meaning to highjack this thread with my pictures, but just wanted to chime in and say....Ed is right, the stuff is expensive, but works great, and dries to a really hard surface. I used it on my car when I had the motor out this winter. On the heavily greasy areas, I used degreaser and a putty knife, then wiped them off with acetone. On the rest of the frame, I used a putty knife, then went over them with a shop vac. The susupension arms I took to the body shop and had them sand blasted, then had them spray them while they were there. I used a foam brush and it worked great. All of this only took one quart, I have one new one left.

Attachments

• FrontSusp 010.jpg
    FrontSusp 010.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 219
  • MR3 003.jpg
    MR3 003.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 215
  • FrontSusp 009.jpg
    FrontSusp 009.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 220
  • MR3 005.jpg
    MR3 005.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 216
  • MR4 004.jpg
    MR4 004.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 221
hijack away. to me what it is about is sharing things you find that works. I looked long and hard at this paint knowing there other products are good but at 100 bucks a gal. you don't want to experiment on something you haven't tried. the only draw back is it's a gloss color. those places under the hood you need a semi gloss finish it will look out of place. but those hidden were color don't matter and rust control is a must this stuff is the miracle it's called. we'll see in a few years

must be early forgot to up load the pictures again.

Attachments

• IMG_6487a.jpg
    IMG_6487a.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 173
  • before and after well.jpg
    before and after well.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 166
Looking great!! Always nice to see before and after shots. And great for you to look at also to remind you that all your hard work is paying off. And you get to feel better on these big projects that you are making a dent in it. Keep up the great work!

Back