sites to see

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
we went up to Rapid for our monthly appointment at the clinic so today was drive around get directions day . made for a long day playing around we put right at 70 miles on the S&S in Rapid going back and forth and back tracking. got the logo dropped off for the t shirts and we will have staff ****s soon. remember if you need a 4 or 3 X let me know so I can have them for you. the price is the same across the board so those are a bargain.
all the directions will be starting from under the front entrance but one you at the host Hotel you will see the lay out .

just a reminder they are having other event in Rapid in jun so best get your reservations made. call the front desk. I did mine yesterday while I was up there best to us our full name when asking 1-800-528-1234so far we are up to 90 room days. registration is out posted here and on the club site.

forgive this pictures not a bad day out there but I shot them all out the from inside.

the first is the host hotel posted before. next is the air and space Museum just out side the main gate of Ellsworth AFB. it right at 8 miles from the hotel easy to get to. will worth the trip if you into those things. yes that is the business end of the minuet man missile. big stuff out side and lots of things in. as I recall small price for admission inside nothing out. been awhile since i went in

next is Dinosaur park. a WPA project but in the 30s off skyline drive. great views of Rapid and fun place for the kids, steps the guys in the 30s did not think ADA . if you keep going south from there you can get up high enough to see the curve of the earth pictures don't do the view justest.

next is the Game Fish and parks campus west a fairly new place tat is full of inter activities for kids. the do a lot of stuff out there with school kids. if out door activities is one your list a stop is will not disappoint. no charge

then the big one for kids is Story book island. it is a kids haven with interactive rides and displays of fairy tale caricatures and settings. plan to run ragged and wear the kids out from 90 to 3. free will offering

then on Fridays agenda is the Motion unlimited tour. Bill has every auction in the surrounding country on his list. and everything out side is for sale. he does have a web sit some of you have been on it. a nice collection of rods inside. small fee for the tour.

so these are the free time things you can do pone shops browsing is fun and with the air base there is a lot of them. malls and eatery close buy, that walking distance for most. come to have fun

Attachments

• a host hotell .jpg
    a host hotell .jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 250
  • b air and space museam.jpg
    b air and space museam.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 258
  • c dinasur park 1.jpg
    c dinasur park 1.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 207
  • c dinasur park 2.jpg
    c dinasur park 2.jpg