Saturday show

Bill Leverett

PCS Member/Super Site Supporter/Paramedic Supervis
Attended a small show on Saturday in the small city of Duncan just north of where I live. The city is celebrating it's 100 year anniversary. The FD held a small emergency vehicle show with mostly local trucks.

Cliff Bergum (who used to have a gorgeous '72 Cadillac/Superior) brought his '69 Ford Econoline Van. Cliff is modeling it after an Econoline that saw service in Qualicum Beach where Cliff now lives. It sports a very nice sounding Super Chief and a Federal 174 Super Beacon Ray

It was great meeting up with Cliff and catching up on all things pro-car.

The most interesting truck at the event was a totally unrestored/original 1914 American LaFrance Type 10 chemical engine.

The highlight of the day was when approx 1 1/2 hrs into the show we were asked to all line up and we went in the town parade...light and sirens in action! I think Cliff may be posting some video on You Tube in the next few days.

Attachments

• P1100602.jpg
    P1100602.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 271
  • P1100610.jpg
    P1100610.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 184
  • P1100615.jpg
    P1100615.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 181
Bill

Sounds like a very fun time was had by all.

That un-restored fire truck looks like something right out of the
Beverly Hillbillies !

I can see Jethro becoming a fireman for a day and driving that around until they figure out he won't make a good fireman and send him home to Granny.

Cool photos, thanks for posting.

Darren

The owners of the LaFrance are as original as the truck. The LaFrance pushes a little blue until it warms up...not many mosquitoes neaby after it fires up that's for sure!

Back