Who's going to Albany and what are you driving?

As of now, Terri and I will be driving the Criterion this year. Still need to get the A/C fixed (she refuses to drive this year without it) and perhaps some minimal paint across the bottom. Other than that, it is coming as is.

ddc1.jpg

Jen and I will be going to Albany, not sure if my car will be ready in time, if not no big deal, there will be plenty of cars to see.

we are planing to be there and it all depends. time, money, gas prices. if I have a car. I can't plan for tomorrow let along 7 months from now

we are planing to be there and it all depends. time, money, gas prices. if I have a car. I can't plan for tomorrow let along 7 months from now

Hey Ed, I would fly if I was you therefore some of the other long distance guys may have a chance to get that converted "Long Distance Award". I still have Bill Wright beat by 11 miles. Fly Ed Fly Ed Fly Ed. You're 1780 miles from Albany Ed. Man that is a long way to drive. Flying would be better for you and Kandy. :my2cents:

I hope you realize I am having some fun with you Ed.

Hmmmm...there's a "Long Distance Award"???

Albany is an awfully long way from Vancouver! :agree:

Might have to give that some thought. I doubt the Criterion will be ready, but the '68 Superior certainly will.

Albany?

As of now it is on my high priority list of things to do and places to go this year. No plans are yet carved in stone. If I do get there I will be in the 61 MM combination. By then the front seat will have a new cover, the brakes will have been gone through, and the new tires should be in place. I have been putting my change in a bucket. Maybe by then the bucket will be full enough to get me there and back.
Mike
61 MM

I will be there for sure, even if I'm not sure how I'll be getting there yet. Whether I'm coming from northern Ontario or Akron, I'm looking at about an eight hour drive either way. That's not too far, but if I can find a super cheap flight from Cleveland, Akron, or Toronto, flying could be quite tempting. I'll have to check with the Ohio contingency and Evan and Len up north to see what's up. See you all in July!

Hmmmm...there's a "Long Distance Award"???
Albany is an awfully long way from Vancouver!
Might have to give that some thought...
There used to be a kid that drove in every year in his hearse from somewhere in BC. With many meets being on the US East Coast, needless to say, he won the longest distance award every time.

There used to be a kid that drove in every year in his hearse from somewhere in BC. With many meets being on the US East Coast, needless to say, he won the longest distance award every time.

Oh crap, here we go again. I guess I need to move to Texas. That's it, my son is in Texas and will use his address. :thumb:

Oh crap, here we go again. I guess I need to move to Texas. That's it, my son is in Texas and will use his address. :thumb:

If you need a trophy that badly, then let me know in advance, and I will arrange it for you. You will be awarded the most whining PCS Member trophy!!!:hide:

We'll be there as well!!! If we drive, below is what were looking at from my house to the hotel in Albany.

16 hours 2 minutes / 994.25 miles

My daughter and I are planning on going to Albany as well. We're coming from Houston, Texas. Hmmm, I wonder if I fly do I still have a shot at the long distance award?:thewave:

It could be in the 76 M-M combo sans suction cup grills (self serving statement only Lichtman will understand ) Or the 66 Pontiac with the factory grills in.:my2cents:

It will almost seem like your homecoming... in just a few more miles and hours, you can be at Fort Appache...

Driving from Seattle to Albany is probably out of the question as I would need to take almost a month off from work.....driving time to and from the meet; the time at the meet; and extra time to visit family and friends that I havent seen in over 30 years. Im trying to figure out how to accomplish the extra visiting and transportation issues after flying in to NY. On my salary, this isnt going to be easy.......but a correction, Paul, Fort Apache would be a homecoming event for my father, Det. Lt. Henry G.Franklin, NYPD Retired!

Back