Back in the game...Part 2

Depends a lot on the type of paint that was used. If it is lacquer, and the car was clear coated like my 1962, it is going to be very difficult to blend the new paints with the old paint. Even if he gets the color correct, the sheen of the clear coat is going to be a problem. I was lucky enough to be able to get lacquer mixed that matched my car, and the lacquer clear also. Last spring, I was at the paint store, and he had only enough tints to make me another quart of color, since the company that supplied the lacquer paint and tints has discontinued it.
If it was lacquer, possibly you can find it locally at a PPG paint distributor that still has some left in inventory, along with the tints to color match. Silver is a lot easier to match than a silver blue, like on my car.

Post a picture of the removable panel and how it mounts on the pegs. I have not seen one like that. One can learn something new every day. All i have here are short ones.

The only difference that I can see is in the height. Are they both the same diameter, and is the groove in both the same?

So, is the diameter the same? If so, it looks like I have both sizes. Both sizes were used as drapery hardware by M-M, C-B, S&S, and others.

This drawer-full has come from C-B, M-M, & S&S coaches.

Attachments

• Drapes.jpg
    Drapes.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 316
There are some odd ones in this bunch. If Kurt does not have it I might.

Attachments

• 20190722_164103_resized (1).jpg
    20190722_164103_resized (1).jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 293
Post a picture of the removable panel and how it mounts on the pegs. I have not seen one like that.

I'm not near the cars, but I have these photos. Here's how the panels are installed:

1. Slide aft end of panel into grooved rear mounts
2. Use bolts here to secure panel in place

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• 202.jpg
    202.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 269
  • 159.jpg
    159.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 268
I, just today, discovered that the C-B drapery attaching hardware (the round mounts) are a different size than what M-M and S&S used. The C-B knobs are slightly larger.

Do you think that the knobs changed diameter, when C/B sold out to Wayne Corporation? Can't see them using 2 different diameters once C/B and Miller Meteor were under the same umbrella.

Still needed!

There are a few items missing that I'll need help with:

1. Front bier pin, correct for this car
2. One of the front landau panel bolts
3. One of the rear landau panel mounts

I will buy two or three each of the panel front bolts and rear mounts if I can find them (photo below). It never hurts to have a spare or two.

If any of you have these items, please call or let me know via PM. Thanks!

I still need all of the items listed above. As mentioned, I will buy a few extras.

Back