1955 Miller Cadillac Ambulance

Thanks for sharing Bill. While a tired soul, the bones are there. Would be a great save.
Ed, you have almost finished the 53.

Seller has been Ebay member since 1999 NEVER sold anything buys lots of things by his feedback. I am with Kurt pictures are fishey looks like sitting in salvage yard years ago. Very interesting rig though. Certainly few have survived.

I bet if you were to just clean that rig up, it would be so much better. Not sure why people list vehicles that are simply filthy.

SD car stored in Il with a owner in California. If you had a hankering to have one might be worth the hassle. If there is a title i would bet it's still a SD one unsigned or dated. Which makes is easy to get in your name. But i have a 64 to do a 72 to do a 72 to re-do the top on her now. Might need a bigger building.

The back bumper is worth the current bid!
The "rattle can" spray/cover-up jobs always make me suspect, but it looks like he probably bought it from a "project car jockey".
It looks like the rig was originally white in color.

I doubt I will get it, but I am currently the high bidder. Seller has sent a number of recent photos and told me the original color was yellow. Like I said, I doubt I will get it, but I think It might be worth the money and effort. Please wish me luck, if you don't want it yourself.

Bad News For Us

I spoke to the owner tonight, a truly nice guy. We had a beautiful conversation and he told me what he could. He bought it on the spur of the moment, but never did anything with it, so here we are. At the end of our conversation, I asked him if he would like to sell the ambulance tonight. He said yes, but then he gave me the price he was hoping for, which is quite a bit more than I had in mind. So, I wished him success with his auction and he said that if it didn't bring any more money, he would be happy for me to get it. I imagine it will not come to Jersey, but you never know.

Here are the final bids on the Ambulance Bidder
Bid Amount Bid Time
2***6(23feedback score: 23) $3,100.00 24 Jun 2020 at 10:05:33PM PDT
2***6(28feedback score: 28) $3,055.55 24 Jun 2020 at 10:09:25PM PDT
3***3(50feedback score: 50) $2,800.00 24 Jun 2020 at 8:34:57PM PDT
i***3(0feedback score: 0) $2,569.00 20 Jun 2020 at 6:11:56AM PDT
1***6(277feedback score: 277) $2,500.00 18 Jun 2020 at 8:09:09PM PDT
i***3(0feedback score: 0) $2,000.00 18 Jun 2020 at 9:22:15AM PDT
Starting Price $2,000.00 17 Jun 2020 at 10:09:27PM P

I'd love to be a fly on the wall the first time the buyer lays eyes on this 1955 Miller Cadillac!

No doubt, it will be an awesome ambulance restored. My plan was to paint it back to its original pale yellow and paint the roof a nice shade of green to compliment the interior.

It seems that this ambulance is heading to Poland, where the new owner plans to do a full restoration. I am hopeful the restoration will happen, even if the ambulance is not here, at least it will be somewhere and be appreciated again.

My plan was to paint it back to its original pale yellow and paint the roof a nice shade of green to compliment the interior.

That sounds like it would be beautiful Bill! I hope it’s an automatic, so Lucille can drive it. You know how the old saying goes, “a bad penny always returns!” Not you or Lucille, but the car!

Back