1970 Cadillac Ambulance - $4500 (Tracy)

Posted 3 days ago

1970 Cadillac Ambulance - $4500 (Tracy)

https://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/d/tracy-1970-cadillac-ambulance/6993664893.html

The time has come to part with my Ambulance. It has been stored indoors for the last 4 yrs. it was originally delivered to piner ambulance in Napa. I was going to restore it however priorities have changed.

It’s a project car. Ambulance parts are 100% intact. Selling with its red lights and a siren.

Need it gone ASAP I need the space at my business back. If you have any questions please feel free to message me and ask.

Attachments

• 1970.jpg
    1970.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 429
  • 1970b.jpg
    1970b.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 416
70 Cad....

This is one of my former cars that I owned,and decided to sell to John before my move to Oregon.

I know the owner personally ..he is a paramedic and also a PCS member.

Its a very do-able resto.....most everything is there except the alternator unless John found one for it.
It was purchased from Piner ambulance service in Napa Calif......while I owned it I was able to contact Jeremy Piner (son) (company is still in business however they do no emergency transporting).....he was clueless as to the "historic"value,significance etc of the rig.....when I told him I was the new owner and wanted to get some info he simply replied" Thats nice that you own it " and I really could care less what happened back in those days..WOW ..really ??...maybe a bit bitter over losing county contract perhaps ?.so that pretty much ended that conversation...

Last edited:
This is one of my former cars that I owned,and decided to sell to John before my move to Oregon.

I know the owner personally ..he is a paramedic and also a PCS member.

Its a very do-able resto.....most everything is there except the alternator unless John found one for it.
It was purchased from Piner ambulance service in Napa Calif......while I owned it I was able to contact Jeremy Piner (son) (company is still in business however they do no emergency transporting).....he was clueless as to the "historic"value,significance etc of the rig.....when I told him I was the new owner and wanted to get some info he simply replied" Thats nice that you own it " and I really could care less what happened back in those days..WOW ..really ??...maybe a bit bitter over losing county contract perhaps ?.so that pretty much ended that conversation...

That sort of response is disappointing to those of us who actually care. But, most people see most cars as nothing more than transportation.

That sort of response is disappointing to those of us who actually care. But, most people see most cars as nothing more than transportation.

Bill, having said that, the individuals I have been fortunate enough to meet who served with these vehicles are very proud of their past, and the care they provided with the limited resources they had. :applause:

Bill, having said that, the individuals I have been fortunate enough to meet who served with these vehicles are very proud of their past, and the care they provided with the limited resources they had. :applause:

That is very nice and the way we think it should be. But, there is always an element of people who just do a job, but are not in love with it, if you know what I am trying to say.

This one is more along the lines of price and condition I'm looking for. Not ideal over/under headlight configuration, though.

Gives me hope that I'll find one, though. My 68 Pontiac came from up that way.

Back