Micro-Meet Dates

Brady D Smith

PCS Life Member / PCS Past President
For anyone who is wondering the 2014 Micro-Meet will be held in Swartz Creek, Michigan, February 21, 22, and 23, 2014. A more detailed schedule of the weekend will be posted later.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO !

I just finished one of my dioramas for FLINT 2014 !!!

It is a huge Lego Layout verses the 4 rooms I had there last year.
Many upgrades too.

I will also be offering smaller versions for sale as I have had requests from some funeral directors. Photos coming soon on the smaller versions.

Darren

The degree to which this event has grown over the years still amazes me. People have flown in from as far away as California to be a part of it and I don't think they were disappointed. I certainly want to thank Brady & Janet for all their hard work hosting this event. Barring unforeseen circumstances, see ya there! Tom

Steve wrote:

Great, thanks. I can work it into my schedule!

Steve...

Make sure there are no movie shoots or last minute drives in your schedule this year.

It would be great to have you there Friday evening until Sunday too !

Darren

Steve...

Make sure there are no movie shoots or last minute drives in your schedule this year.

It would be great to have you there Friday evening until Sunday too !

Darren
Yeah, I hope there's no conflict, too. Ya never know. Man, that was a lot of driving in one (two?) days without much sleep.

I've already made some delectably oddball die-cast acquisitions in anticipation of next February's Micro-Meet, which remains the only PCS event where I actually get to show something as opposed to chronicling the cars the rest of you are displaying. Remember, Every Car One Buys In Scale Is One Less One Must Buy Full-Sized, with all the related hassles of insurance, maintenance, polishing and storage. Only with models can you buy five, six or even ten cars in a single day and not be declared certifiable.

Mike

Brady will have a block of rooms set aside at some point. I'd wait until that is announced by Brady himself before booking.

The hotel we all love, that has a nice hot breakfast and warm cookies in the evening is:

Wingate by Wyndham
1359 Grand Point Court
Grand Blanc MI 48439

810 694 9900

Very close to all events and the World Famous Estate of Mr. Brady & Janet Smith. The large and small car garage of distinction !

It's worth the trip to Flint in February !

This being your first micro-meet... expect it to be a yearly road trip along the 401, 402, 69 !!!

:thumbsup:
Darren

Remember, Every Car One Buys In Scale Is One Less One Must Buy Full-Sized, with all the related hassles of insurance, maintenance, polishing and storage.

I agree with you to a point, but every model sitting on a shelf is a car that you can't sit in, can't turn a key in, can't listen to the engine, and can't take out for a drive. For me, half the thrill of owning the cars that I do comes just from the fact that they are mine, but the other half of the thrill of owning them comes from being able to take them out and drive them. No number of models sitting on a shelf will ever come anywhere close to matching that thrill for me. :)

I'm a hound for Hilton points, so I tend to stay at the Hampton Inn which is also easily accessible from the Garage Mahal.

Back