what to do

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
Ok we have made up our mind to get this 64 Pinner together. right now working one getting it running. as we gather parts get this cleaned up and painted. once that engine goes in and we bolt the front end together I want it ready to go under the hood. dealing with NY,NJ and Ohio rust here. so it is is places most people don't thing cars have. get it cleaned you and paint inside first then worry about the out side later. as we get the front end back together.

right now we ae stalled out on the belt line moldings. one this low was a joke to me but see some places people were there belts it's right on today. so what do we do. I have one fender damaged both doors and a random stick or two un known were GM put it on what body but it is the same shape. i found some free time on my hands and we had to strip things off the fenders to sand blast them any way so what the heck. not out anything lets play around with what we have. still looking for moldings but now we are looking for one less. these are aluminum so not hard to work with and thicker then the stainless ones.

Attachments

• IMG_2635.jpg
    IMG_2635.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_1660a.jpg
    IMG_1660a.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2605.jpg
    IMG_2605.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2606.jpg
    IMG_2606.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_2607.jpg
    IMG_2607.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_2634.jpg
    IMG_2634.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_2641.jpg
    IMG_2641.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 212
I believe you have a dilemma Ed. I like some brightwork, but I think that some low line Chevys had no belt moldings. On a black car it looks a bit stark to me.

Lucky you

Ed- just a serious aside- you're a very lucky man. Skill, knowledge, wiling to give advice..project cars - and what looks like a very serious restoration facility. Lucky guy!:applause:

Just a poor boy done so much with do little so long ,i can do all most anything with nothing at all. When you make a living on stright commission you learn fast that fixing stuff pays more them changing stuff. But you notice i did not show you the one off the 53 I destroyed Last month. Sometimes you learn by figuring out what not to do. Kind of like a dr.

I believe you have a dilemma Ed. I like some brightwork, but I think that some low line Chevys had no belt moldings. On a black car it looks a bit stark to me.

Beleve it or not that is what this molding is called. But this one will have bright work on the drip rail the center of the blank panel and the lower body line. So it will have a decent flow front to rear with out being over powered by the trim not quite a loafs of coal just close.

Back