First Showing of the Chevrolet

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
Yesterday I took the 1962 C/B Chevrolet Ambulance to the Historic Festival - Sunday in the Park at Limerock (CT) Racetrack Concours d'Elegance • Gathering of the Marques. The best way to describe this event, is to use the tracks own words.......

A highlight of Historic Festival is Sunday in the Park and its acclaimed featured, including the Concours d'Elegance and Gathering of the Marques. In the concours, nearly 300 outstanding entries are on display on Sam Posey Straight. The Gathering of the Marques offers an additional 800+ cars celebrating the event around the rest of the 1.5 mile track. Held on Sunday during the Historic Festival, Sunday in the Park provides festival-goers with an unlimited supply of amazing automobiles to enjoy.
Quite to my surprise, surrounded by all those wonderful GM cars, I was presented with 1st Place in the General Motors + Related Brands classification.MVC-008L.JPGMVC-007L.JPGMVC-004L.JPG

Yesterday I took the 1962 C/B Chevrolet Ambulance to the Historic Festival - Sunday in the Park at Limerock (CT) Racetrack Concours d'Elegance • Gathering of the Marques. The best way to describe this event, is to use the tracks own words.......

Quite to my surprise, surrounded by all those wonderful GM cars, I was presented with 1st Place in the General Motors + Related Brands classification.
. Paul that coach is YOU, congrats.

Well deserved indeed.

Congratulations Paul. Very well deserved. Sure looks good. I can’t wait to see it again in person.

A win for all of us

First; a well earned congratulations to Paul for his 1st Place trophy. However, this was a much bigger win for the professional car hobby, as the competition was entirely non-professional cars. Paul’s Cotner/Bevington beat out every GM brand, including beautifully restored Chevrolet Corvettes.

This win, along with the great acceptance by the spectators in attendance, represents a milestone for our hobby. That being a major and well respected car show and concours, recognized a professional car as its first place winner among a wide field of GM brands.

As a group, we were well represented.

Congrats!

So well deserved- beautiful car! And a historical piece of "EMS" is introduced to people of all ages.

Back