PCS Chapter sites links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just which Professional Car site should the PCS Chapter sites be linking to now? Neither site is technically an offical site, so do you do one over the other or both.

Just a thought!

Richard

Richard,
You have to decide for yourself, but consider the fact that Dean Newman has taken over the previous site and it now makes no reference to the Professional Car Society while the new site was formed by members of the organization, (myself included) and proudly bears the mast head "The Friends of the Professional Car Society".
John Dorgan

Richard,
You have to decide for yourself, but consider the fact that Dean Newman has taken over the previous site and it now makes no reference to the Professional Car Society while the new site was formed by members of the organization, (myself included) and proudly bears the mast head "The Friends of the Professional Car Society".
John Dorgan

Well said. I don't think many chapter webmasters have gotten to the point of either changing the link or disconnecting it or thinking aboutit just yet. I cruised a site and it linked you to Dean's site.

Richard

Richard,
John Dorgan

Well said.
The thing I have a problem with is that the PCS is well known throughout the car hobby, and in many magazines, articals, internet, etc. it says this is the place to go for a club that has goals on preserving and restoring these cars to their stock historic appearance, and goulish items or cars are not what the Society is about. Now when people go there it is just going to be just another hearse club. I wonder how much of an effect it will have on the Society, they thing they are going to a "different" kind of club, and soon will find the same old customs, goul rods, as any other club out there.
Dont get me wrong, I do like customs, but I belong to other clubs for that, and since I am also interested in stock coaches and preserving the history of these rare cars this is why I am here.

Just my 2 cents worth,
now can I have my change back?

no change it's money will spent. I for one am glad the hot rodders have a place to go. I really hope it works out for everyone. the more people that find a notch in this type of car the more we have found. I feel that the search engines will get this site moved up. my thoughts on the public are about the same as your's John. you do a goggle search for professional car society and the professionalcars .org is right now on top of the list. but I think we are coming up. last I checked we were about 8th on this site. we had a few dealers between us. buy this time next year I would think we will be on top here. right now with the changes dean has made if I were looking for the PCS and got directed there I would think I was in the wrong place, not a bad place just now what I was looking for and look some more. same as if I had popped up on the denver hearse site. I kind of like to go there to. but it's not the pcs you know that right now. it is a shame the news media can't tell the difference. ;)

What gets me is that even though Dean has removed all PCS reference from his site, when you Google Professional Car Society, It still brings you up to his site. It actually says Professional Car Society in the search and the link below is his site.

Richard, you are right that the Chapters sould probably be linked to this site. That will take some time though to get everyone to change their websites. I'll have to check the TSC's site to see where we stand.

As for the chapters, it's gonna take some time for their website links to catch up. That will be expedited if/when the Board decides to create a real "official" PCS website. Officially, we don't have one right now.

It's going to take a lot longer for other car clubs, other websites, and for Google, to catch up to the change. Unfortunately, I doubt there's anything we can do about that.

This is the only site I recognize for PCS information. The other site is for the PCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back