Body dumped......hearse stolen

Proof positive hearses should always use the drive thru window at fast food places.

Of course, if you must park, back to the door and tell customers you're making a delivery.

Radio news here is now reporting the hearse hijackers have now been located and are in custody. The male culprit is charged only with the theft. The female is charged with hearse theft and abuse of a body.

They got some wild women in Texas.

Last edited:
Initially reported to have been a hearse at a fast food restaurant. Now they are saying it was a Suburban and it was stolen at a convenience store.

The funeral home will get, and should get, some bad press over this.

A firm - and its owner(s) - can't always control what their employees do, no matter how well they've been trained. I'm willing to bet the owner is suffering much undeserved embarrassment and stress over this.

I blame this 100% on the driver, not the firm, it's management, and/or its owner(s).

A firm - and its owner(s) - can't always control what their employees do, no matter how well they've been trained. I'm willing to bet the owner is suffering much undeserved embarrassment and stress over this.

I blame this 100% on the driver, not the firm, it's management, and/or its owner(s).

While I agree entirely with your thinking Steve I well remember walking into the owner's office where I worked for 10 years where the sign said
"You can delegate authority. You can't delegate responsibility."

I never wanted to have to begin any explanation with "I have no idea why we did it". I did begin a good number with "By the time we got there it was so far gone the choice seemed to be."
Generally, if you have a reason for the course of action people accept what was done, often regardless of the result.

My gut feeling in the instant matter is the reason will be the driver wanted the car to stay cool while he went in the store/restaurant. We all know how it turned out. I doubt anyone finds it acceptable.

On the other side of the coin it is a simple switch and relay function to shut just about any vehicle down fast when operation of the vehicle requires the vehicle to be running and not attended.

While I agree entirely with your thinking Steve I well remember walking into the owner's office where I worked for 10 years where the sign said
"You can delegate authority. You can't delegate responsibility."

I never wanted to have to begin any explanation with "I have no idea why we did it". I did begin a good number with "By the time we got there it was so far gone the choice seemed to be."
Generally, if you have a reason for the course of action people accept what was done, often regardless of the result.

My gut feeling in the instant matter is the reason will be the driver wanted the car to stay cool while he went in the store/restaurant. We all know how it turned out. I doubt anyone finds it acceptable.

On the other side of the coin it is a simple switch and relay function to shut just about any vehicle down fast when operation of the vehicle requires the vehicle to be running and not attended.

Yes. Remote door lock controls are a wonderful thing! I use them every day 4 months of the year when I want to leave my car running when unattended. No excuse for the driver's actions.

The big thing I find that is unexceptionable is the attitude that the the driver is some how more at fault then the people that stole the car. That you are some how giving others promission to take your property if you don't have it under lock and key at all times, even when you are in it. This is most likely the only country in the world you can be arrested for defending your own property because you have deprived some theft of there livelhood.

I totally agree with you Ed. Unfortunately that is not the world we live in today. I, personally, think that we should do with car thieves the same thing that they used to do with horse thieves! It might just end this problem!

Unfortunately, there are a few people out there that would disagree with me on this.

Back in the 60s, before remote door locks, it was simple enough to flip a switch leaving the vehicle, and close the door. No need to lock the door.

Even before the brake pedal interlock to shift out of park 99% of people step on the brake before placing the PRNDL in D or R.

Stepping on the brake triggers the relay that opens the ignition or fuel solenoid, vehicle don't go far, and that damn horn blowing inside the cab generally discourages people from hanging around trying to restart the vehicle.

Blaming the driver- he and he alone had sole control of the vehicle and was the person capable of minimizing if not eliminating the problem.

Blaming the poor couple who went for a drive in a vehicle they didn't own, society has long decided that is not really a terrible criminal act. Last time I saw cops chasing a borrowed car and shooting at it was in the 1950s. NY kind of turns a blind eye to borrowing vehicles, although they do put an annual fee on license plates to defray government cost recovering stolen vehicles. It's not even a stolen vehicle in NY until you begin disassembling it to sell parts or sell it to someone else.

I suppose in addition to blaming the driver who was entrusted to care for the vehicle and paid to care for said vehicle and keep custody of it, we should blame the person who hired that driver and the person who supervised the driver as well. We'll never again live in a society where the appropriate drag hanging or shooting of vehicle and horse thieves is condoned.

For what ever reason it was unattended shame.NOW scum steal cars everyday in the world,Lowlife scum dumped the body,would they have done the same if it was a child in a car seat probably because they are Lowlife scum.

Back