World's first all electric hearse?

Michael Mykulak

PCS Member
Got a call the other day, from a man introduced himself as William Brinsmead. Hello, I say, how can I help you? William says, I am looking for some door weather stripping and I found you through the internet. So I was curious the avenues he used to find me. He was refered to me by Dwayne Brooks. I told him nothing I could do to help him, because he wanted the rubber W/S as soon as possible. William then started offering me what ever I wanted to charge, to get his hands on 100 feet of my personal stash and I had to say, no can do for any money. Conversation got casual and I asked what he was using the rubber for and he said a 1973 all electric Cadillac Superior landau. REALLY? So turns out William is a physics professor that has been building and buying EV's for decades, used to own a hearse as a young man and renewed his passion for the coach he missed so much by building a new coach for himself. Wonderful? I had mixed feeling until I was able to wrap my brain around the implications how good an intention it really was. So William refers me to EVALBUMS.com so I could see his EV builders album. William has $20,000.00 invested to today's date in a 3 year EV hearse build that is near completion. I wanted to share this revelation with everyone, and brag about our door rubber. Man said he recognized the rubber as a stand out product from doing his research looking for door weather stripping. The EV Cadillac, Suoperior landau, state of the art sweet, and the guy is going to restore the vehicle as close back to original, restoring back the entire interior of the coach so as not to be able to identify that the interior has been entirely gutted along with the rear compartment floor being entirely removed for retrofitting. The 1973 is white vinyl roof and black body at this point. Go check it out, all the specs and pictures clearly identify the significance of our potential directions for pro coach possibilities into the future. I also helped him find the exact reeplacement weatherstripping for his coach, after seeing a profile. Pictured for the 1973 is what he had installed originally from the factory and still available. I already questioned the placement of the recharge plug in port, so go easy on him, it is likely the best choice for placement and I could not fault him. It is just an EV feature that i have dificulty warming up to in regards to placement. But recharging stations likely deemed this as a common location, just guessing on my part. Welcome the man and lets see if he will entertain membership into the society. The coach being delivered home after bodywork is pictured. For in depth information got to the EV builders album and select Cadillac to see his coach's electronics and stats. 60 miles on a charge at 60 miles per hour. Enjoy!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 621
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    78 KB · Views: 510
EV hearse

WWW.evalbums.com is the site to locate, for more information. last picture I was supplied by William besides the two I shared, is a picture of his landau bars installed. They are backlit and I am still wondering about how much the feature appeals to me but I am a bit tunnel vision about it because the feature is single out so much from the rest of the car drawing the balance away from the over all way, the coach captures your first glance. I will try to get the upside down pic put up. The rear end used, needs to be narrowed according to Bill's commentary, that is why the white rear rims. He is trying to figure out who can help out getting the differential narrowed so he can install the fender skirts with adequate clearance.

Attachments

• LIGHTED LANDAU BARS.jpg
    LIGHTED LANDAU BARS.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 585
60 miles on a charge 24 hr to recharge the batteries. to get it to the next meet for me? nope I could not do it there is longer then 60 miles from Rapid to wall and wall to kadoka and Kadoka to. you see my Problem. there is not a long enough extension cord. I could tow a generator. but that kind of tosses the no fossil fuel. then all my electricity is generated buy a coal fired plant. so if I use electricity I'm contributing to global warming more then if I burn gas. man Kermit was right it ain't easy being green. from Hot Spring to the national cemetery is 90 miles. so in this rig it's a over night trip coming and going. going up it would be a little crowed sleeping in the back. but on the return it would work out. something to think about. OK I thought about it, I'll pass. the lighted bars would look neat at cool Deadwood nightsthough. wounder how much they cut back on your driving distance?

Not 100% positive, but I think this is one of the electric ones, from the 1910s. I know one of the old TPC had a feature on electric hearses and ambulances.

1910s.jpg

It may not be able to go that far but for a car as heavy as that its not bad. hell with a little better technology that would be really nice to own. Hell i would be more then happy to drive that around town. I always wanted a great big caddy that got the mileage of a civic. That is the only thing that stops me from driving my 69 as daily driver. I would be proud to own that thing. :thumbsup:

I saw this before .. interesting but not that new of an idea. Forklifts have been running of propane for years. Also some Checkers came factory running off of propane.

We had two police cars that ran on propane. They were mid to late 80's cars. One was a Caprice Classic and the other a Dodge Diplomat.

all of the alternative fuels are out there all have been used. there are currently hydrogen generators that will generate hydrogen gas on demand that any car can be converted to. both GM and Ford have a set of these in there back lot. the gas is generated from tap water the vapor released is water and O2. so why can't you and I buy one. tax it boils down to road tax they won't pencil in a way to get you to pay the road tax you so quietly pay on every gallon of gas. both the state and federal. the current electric cars are limited to the range so there a fad that really doesn't cut into the tax base yet. but once the range or there numbers are extended then it going to get figured in some how. hence the hybrid which operated mainly off a gas generator. operating in that manner they get less fuel millage then either one of the Geo Metros I had. the simple truth is you being stuck to by a goverment that has to have your tax dollars to spend. tacking it on gas was one way of getting the user to pay. so one again the lower income peopel pay the most to suport the system. they have to they are the biggest set of numbers.

Back