Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > Period Correct Discussion Forum

Period Correct Discussion Forum For the discussion of Period Correct items that are associated with Professional Cars. Posting in this forum is limited to PCS Members and / or Site Supporters. We encourage all website users to become members of the Professional Car Society and / or become Site Supporter.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:50 PM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 11,660 Times in 3,815 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default Oxygen Equipment 1960's

The pictures below are of the portable oxygen unit that came with my 1963 Pinner Chrysler ambulance. I believe that it is the original unit to the car, since the bottle was full of masking tape, and every time the bottle was refilled, they recorded the date. This E & J unit was just about standard equipment on that I had ever worked on, with only one of the ambulances having a Emerson Resuscitator, which was much larger and heavier.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Website Member

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Oxygen Holder

So does the Pinner also have the floor mounted holder to allow for a stationary bottle in the coach compartment? Seems my 1964 Flxible did as did the 71 M-M Combo that replaced it.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:18 PM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 11,660 Times in 3,815 Posts
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

Your stretching my memory banks, since I haven't been in the back of the car since last fall. I remember that there is a cabinet on the left that opens and there is a place to strap a bottle in there, with the bottle head sticking up. I don't have the regulator, hose, or mask that went with the bottle, but when I got the car, there were plenty of spare bottles under the squad bench that were stenciled with the squad name on them. One has a particularly strange fitting on the top, so I have no idea of what type of regulator that was used on it. All the rest have the typical medical oxygen bottle fittings.

As you can see in the picture below, it is taller than the smaller bottle to its right, but shorter than the bottle to the left. The hight of this one is the only one like it that I have ever remember seeing..
Old 04-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Website Member

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Paul, the big one uses a regulator similar to the ones on the big on board tanks. I have seen them configured to be able to regulate the pressure going to the mask. It screws on rather that sliding over the top.