76 Miller-Meteor Combination

Ron Devies and Josh Gentry's old car!

It was going to be mine until I sent Ron to look at it for me.. He called, and asked if I minded if he bought it.. I said no, and he said he had already bought it. :D It also wasn't anywhere near the asking price of today. In fact, I believe that the seller doesn't have a clue as to the market value of a professional car

And at that price you think they could have detailed the engine and compartment.

Why in the world did they paint it blue?? Granted it needed to be painted something more correct than what it was, but........?? That combination is nothing short of gross! The aftermarket body side moldings look aweful. Didn't all '76 M-M coaches come from the factory with rocker moldings?

Very nice interior though!

Why in the world did they paint it blue?? Granted it needed to be painted something more correct than what it was, but........?? That combination is nothing short of gross! The aftermarket body side moldings look aweful. Didn't all '76 M-M coaches come from the factory with rocker moldings?

The owner painted it to match their fleet. The owner is/was a PCS member. He bought it as a back up coach for his business.

Here's what it looked like when Josh Gentry owned it. I shot this at the 2011 PCS meet in Hudson, OH.

It had been re-painted and trimmed to match the previous owner's 1992-ish limousine, if I remember correctly.

Attachments

• 1976.jpg
    1976.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 646
That was pretty aweful as well. Attempts to "modernize" are/were usually a waste of money. The same holds true with funeral homes. Funeral Directors screwed up a lot of really great old single-family homes too.

now me I liked the brown it was color coded to match inside and out. the car presented it's self will the couple of times I saw it.

I hesitate to be critical of somebody's price within reason, but in the case, all I can say is, I would like a glass of whatever these boys are drinking.

"...having spent most of its life inTexas..." Uh huh, where'd they dream that up? I think Ron D. knows something of the history of this car, having owned it for a while.

I was contacted about this car, and was told that the car had been sent to Superior Coach to be "rehabbed", and a total repaint and freshening of the car was done at that time. I don't remember if the funeral director that owned the car had passed away or not, but I was told that they needed to dispose of the car ASAP. That is when I called Ron, and asked him to go look at it. I don't know if at that time, Superior changed the car from its original color or not. Possibly Ron can fill in some of the details that I have forgotten.

That prior attempt to "modernize" the coach to match the '90-'92 Broughams was definitely "a swing and a miss"! That just looked like crap!

Back