Siren Identification

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
Can someone tell me the model and the vintage of this siren? Would it be correct for a 1965 Superior Cadillac ambulance? Thanks Paul

Attachments

• siren.jpg
    siren.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN5876.jpg
    DSCN5876.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 71
Don't know what the badge says. I just got the pictures. I believe that it is a restoration by Joe Dorgan. I was told that it was sold to the buyer as being "period correct", which I doubt. I don't have a Federal catalog, but I believe that light came out in the late 1940's, and was discontinued sometime in the 1950's, in favor of the more streamline siren without the die cast air vents.

Don't know what the badge says. I just got the pictures. I believe that it is a restoration by Joe Dorgan. I was told that it was sold to the buyer as being "period correct", which I doubt. I don't have a Federal catalog, but I believe that light came out in the late 1940's, and was discontinued sometime in the 1950's, in favor of the more streamline siren without the die cast air vents.

Without digging, it's pre-1950 for sure.

Most of 1965-66 lowtop ambulances (or combos) i've seen were equipped with beacons and under hood sirens, I think it looks too old fashion for this rig.

with the heavy side fins it would appear to be a lot older I have a pictures of one but it's only labeled federal fallowed by 3000. U would this a G series would be more appropriate for the car. but services offend carried over there equipment so period correct it may be. here is a G with the superior mount and the picture I have of a similar siren

Attachments

• federal G searies.jpg
    federal G searies.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 66
  • federal 3 0000.jpg
    federal 3 0000.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 66
Back