Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Classifieds Forum Open to the Public > For Sale To The Public At Large

For Sale To The Public At Large For Sale items must contain a price, and be owned by you and Pro Car related. All questions, price negotiations, etc., must be done by Private Message or eMail. Once sold, please make a final post indicating that. Posts may be removed after 30 days or at our discretion. Special Note, when doing business with others ask for references etc., Buyer and Sellers Beware, we hope each person is honest, however, buy and sell at your own risk.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:36 PM
Super Site Supporter

Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,192 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Interesting discussion going on here. I have sold a few things on this forum and bought some items and a couple of procars, too. But, without a doubt, we have a relatively small audience. I am going to lose money when I sell the car, but I would rather lose money and sell it to someone here, on the forum, before I lose money to a stranger.

I have owned many procars over the years and most of them were very enjoyable. I wish I owned this ambulance earlier, because I love it. But, I have grown tired of dealing with finding reasonable rent and a suitable garage, on top of which, I want to simplify my life. I am letting go of things, lots of them. One of these days, I might be letting go of my collection of The Professional Car and when I do, I will offer it here.

For right now, I need to find a home for this Superior Pontiac, even if I regret selling it someday.
Past Northeast Chapter President
Past BoD Member
Co-Chair PCS 1999 Lancaster Meet

And I have to say that I enjoyed every minute of it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Marcy For This Useful Post:
Daniel Scully (04-22-2017)
Old 04-22-2017, 07:45 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,922 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Unfortunately, those that do end up owning many of these nicer high top ambulances often buy them for their promotional use and have no real passion for the car itself. They are left sitting outside in a parking lot where they, once again, begin to rapidly deteriorate. These cars are not at all tolerant of sitting outside for any extended period of time. One owner can sink an insane amount of money into restoration one only to have it deteriorate under the ownership of a subsequent owner.

Yes, these rigs are difficult to sell, in any condition, for any significant amount of money. Hearses, especially those built in the '70s and newer, are even harder to sell. Pro cars definitely have not kept up with the market for comparable collectible passenger cars.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kurt Arends For This Useful Post:
David Henry (04-22-2017)
Old 04-22-2017, 09:53 PM
PCS Member

Groans: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Arends View Post
One owner can sink an insane amount of money into restoration one only to have it deteriorate under the ownership of a subsequent owner.
And that would be a monumental travesty!!
Old 04-22-2017, 10:02 PM
PCS Elected Director

Thanked 13,129 Times in 5,531 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

the curse of our hobby. what we enjoy to most of the people are just props.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:50 PM
Super Site Supporter

Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,192 Posts
Groans: 1

No matter what a person collects, seems odd, to people who are not like-minded. Some people collect washing machines, others collect rusted junk, the rest of the world scratches their heads in amazement. But, if that is what makes you happy, go for it! Right now, I want to let stuff move to new caretakers. Don't get me wrong, I have no reason to believe that I am leaving this world in the near future, although we never know, but I really don't like the thought of someone coming and putting my stuff to the curb, simply because to them it has no value. Do you guys know what I'm saying?
Past Northeast Chapter President
Past BoD Member
Co-Chair PCS 1999 Lancaster Meet

And I have to say that I enjoyed every minute of it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Marcy For This Useful Post:
Bill Leverett (04-22-2017), David Henry (04-23-2017), John ED Renstrom (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 01:13 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,922 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Please don't miss-read my response to Bill's post on the previous page. My comment was not intended to be "snarky". It was only a statement based on my results, and lack thereof, in posting things for sale on this forum in the past. I have just learned to go right to eBay, Craig's List, or elsewhere when selling anything that might have any real monetary value. I spend as much, or more, time as anyone on this site and will probably continue to do so. I thoroughly enjoy helping fellow collectors in finding things that they have been searching for, but I have money and time invested in everything that I own and I cannot just give the stuff away. I haven't even had very good luck with the things that I have posted as "free to a good home".
Old 04-23-2017, 04:52 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,811 Times in 713 Posts

Bill my friend, your car is beautiful. I'm a one pro car guy. These cars are big, and can be difficult. My 63 is here to stay, and I'll likely never own a second. If temporary storage issues are what's bothering you, you can keep it here until you find another option. Bill, the fact that you're having trouble selling this car might just be a sign that you should keep it. My 2 cents buddy.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Brendan Martin For This Useful Post:
Bill Marcy (04-23-2017), Channing Spencer (04-23-2017), Kurt Arends (04-23-2017), Peter Grave (04-23-2017), Rick Franklin (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 05:22 PM
Super Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Martin View Post
Bill my friend, your car is beautiful. I'm a one pro car guy. These cars are big, and can be difficult. My 63 is here to stay, and I'll likely never own a second. If temporary storage issues are what's bothering you, you can keep it here until you find another option. Bill, the fact that you're having trouble selling this car might just be a sign that you should keep it. My 2 cents buddy.
The reason it works...the reason I support this site. Thank you Brendan
The Following User Says Thank You to Channing Spencer For This Useful Post:
Brendan Martin (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 05:54 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 5,554 Times in 2,043 Posts
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

Bill

Maybe no one is buying it because if you sell it you will be for the most part leaving the procar world.

If someones buys it, so long Bill.

Maybe we are not offering because we want to keep you around.

After all, you did just spend a year working hard to host the 40th anniversary gathering of the PCS.

Maybe on one wants to see you go.

It could be that we don't want Lucille to go but need to keep you so she stays.

I don't know for sure but it could very well be the case.

All kidding aside, I hope it goes to someone who wants it and will love it as long as they can.

Take up Brendan's offer to store it for a while. See if you miss it.
Outta sight, outta mind. If you don't, let it go. If you do, then you won't regret it.

Whatever you do, keep looking for the car you want next.
The thrill is in the hunt.

Darren

1960 Cadillac S/S Victoria 3way Hearse
1960 Cadillac MM Futura Hearse
1962 Cadillac MM Landau Hearse
1962 Cadillac MM Futura Hearse
1973 Cadillac Superior 3way Hearse
The Following User Says Thank You to Darren Bedford For This Useful Post:
Bill Marcy (04-24-2017)