'69 Superior Combo

I wonder if Mr. Karsnia is aware of this one. Looks like a candidate for Mr. Renstrom. And, as has already been stated, seems reasonably priced. Too bad there are no interior photos.

I had some photos of this coach at one time that Jeremy Moberg had taken. He had stumbled onto it some time ago, but didn't check into it further as neither he nor I were interested in trying to buy it. I am sure that Jeremy might be willing to check it out further if someone was seriously interested in trying to purchase it. I am just not, personally, a '69 Cadillac fan. Jeremy tells me that the interior is original, as he recalls.

In 1990, this car was traded in to First Coach Corp. of Roseville, MN by Haut Funeral Home in Jamestown, ND. They updated to a 1976 Miller-Meteor Crestwood (long gone now.) A friend of mine from my hometown of Detroit Lakes (10 miles from Frazee) decided to buy this car, as he had gotten bitten by the professional car bug, thanks to me.

I drove this car the 200 miles from Roseville to Detroit Lakes one cold winter day ca. January or February of 1990. I remember that it ran and drove well, and had a heater like nobody's business. It did have a crack in the windshield but was in really decent overall condition with about 80,000 miles. The interior is a light ivory / buckskin color and the rear floor is finished in dark woodgrain phenolic with reversible rollers. Can't remember for sure if the car was optioned with a radio and A/C, but I want to say yes to both.

I don't think the car has been used much at all over the past 27 years. I know it was kept inside for much of that time, but has been outside over in Frazee for at least a few years now.

I do remember that the purchase price from First Coach, back in 1990, was $1,500.

As Kurt mentioned, Jeremy Moberg would likely be willing to check this out. He lives about 50 miles away. I'm sure my dad, who still lives 10 miles over in DL would also be willing to check it out for any prospective buyers. Let us know.

Back