Spotted I Amarillo, TX Today

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
'67 Superior High Top. Been there a long time, but still lots to offer in parts. Great yard with lots of '50s through '70s stuff!

Attachments

• '67 Superior 1.jpg
    '67 Superior 1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 762
  • '67 Superior 2.jpg
    '67 Superior 2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 766
It still has all 4 of its CC rims. I would have taken the 6 remaining bullet light bases had I had more time. This one has bucket seats and a console which are still intact. Original cabinet still there and usable. Unfortunately, I only get down here once a year.

will there you go those of you that wanted a 91 to 96 ambulance. just find you a presidential roof line 6 door and marry that top and back door in to it. a lot better then buying one incomplete.

Much easier to convert a hearse and the '93-'96 hearses were all RWD and are getting cheap now as well.

really it would be about the same. the advantage of the hears is you would have a flat floor. but you would still have to deal with the rear seating and roller holes. with the limo you would have to redo the rear axle hump and fill in the rear doors.

Going to be stopping by to visit this rig again next week. Let me know if there is anything that you need off of it. I am grabbing the bullet bases for myself, if they are still there. Might grab the 4 rims too, but the ability to get them back is the issue.

Wish I could grab the entire rig. Just too far away. It still has its original bucket seat & console, rear cabinet, and looks to be a rust-free rig. Just spoke with yard... they will dis-mount tires, so I will be bringing the rims home.

Last edited:
Ask them to save the lug nuts. Hard to believe that lug nuts are worth saving, but the new ones coming from China are soft, and strip easily. The CC lug nuts are a little deeper than the standard lug nut. Besides, they are just going to throw them into the dirt if you don't ask for them.

Mark me down for a pair of those wheels. Still need a set for this 67 I can't believe that I haven't lost one of those front caps yet. But we haven't done any rough road running. Should be able to catch up with you mid sept.

As long as they will take the tires off of the rims, I won't have any issues with those. Trust me, I can pack a CV to the roof! I have hauled F-W stretchers, rims, tires, etc. Key is to have blankets along to keep from trashing the interior. Didn't even have long pants or a jack along last year. I will be prepared this year.

Last edited:
Slip them a couple of extra bucks the issue today is it costs about $3.00 a tire to get rid of them.Labor is the bug a boo today too. Just bought 10 Crown Vics and two Expeditions from a large township they left everything on the cars except,the radios (county owned),the laptops,and cameras (even left three cameras too old). Chief said too expensive to move to new cars. Only a little more to go to new.

Last edited:
These folks at this yard are very helpful and very reasonable in their pricing. I will defintely slip them some extra $ for not having to deal with the junk tires on my end! I'll take some photos as well. A lot of '60s iron!

Very limited access to internet once I am down there, so speak up now, if you have needs. It will be at least another year before I get back down there again.

Any 1953 Pontiac Chietan parts?

Do they have any 1953 Pontiac Chieftan parts?

Looking for a set of headlight buckets, lamp holder and bezels. Also the very rare Chietan Wagon rear taillight housings and lenses.

Thanks

Back