1929 Cunningham Model V-8 carved-panel hearse

With my numerous visits to the Howe-Petersen Funeral Home, I've had the opportunity to see this car in the flesh on more than one occasion. It's a very impressive and imposing coach and I'm a little surprised that they're selling. Hope it finds a deserving home.

Recently

Walter Mccall and I were privileged to have the opportunity to take this car out and properly photograph it for an upcoming issue of TPC.

The funeral home has been sold.

With my numerous visits to the Howe-Petersen Funeral Home, I've had the opportunity to see this car in the flesh on more than one occasion. It's a very impressive and imposing coach and I'm a little surprised that they're selling. Hope it finds a deserving home.

The funeral home has been sold and the new owner is just not a "car guy". The car is still owned by the Peterson family and it was their decision to sell the car after they had sold the funeral home

As Martyn has correctly pointed out, this is an amazing (and for the most part all original) low mileage example of a Cunningham Cathedral model from the firm's classic era. It also has a fascinating story behind it. Watch your mailboxes later in the year as this (along with another surviving Cunningham) will appear in a detailed photographic presentation accompanying an in-depth Cunningham history in TPC.

Mr. Peterson passed away a few years ago and the funeral home has been recently sold to a long-time employee who has every intention of carrying on the Howe-Peterson legacy. The car has been in storage for a good many years in the funeral home garage. Mr. Peterson's daughter has now decided to sell the vehicle. As Martyn said, let's hope it finds a good home....but having some inside knowledge about the vehicle and who is planning on purchasing it....you can be pretty well assured that it is going to a good home with a PCS member.

Howe-Peterson Cunningham

Sold today at auctions of America Auburn. An Incredible $125,000, plus a 10% buyers premium, plus tax.

Back