Navy Wool Hospital Blanket

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
I just rediscovered this blanket in going through a closet looking for something else. This is a wool hospital bed sized blanket from probably the '40s thru '60s. I would love to see someone else own this that has a Navy ambulance! The blanket is in good condition with no holes that I noticed. It does have one small brown spot(see photo) where some sailor probably got his cigarette too close to it. I have had it professionally dry cleaner and it has been in a dry cleaner bag in a closet for years. I will consider '70s era ambulance equipment on trade. What do you have?

Attachments

• Navy Hospital Blanket 1.jpg
    Navy Hospital Blanket 1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 570
  • Navy Hospital Blanket 2.jpg
    Navy Hospital Blanket 2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 574
  • Navy Hospital Blanket 3.jpg
    Navy Hospital Blanket 3.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 498
That would be around that age. They were gray when I was in. My grandfather has a white and maroon one that said us army

FYI, I am not ignoring this blanket, however, my ambulance may have been US Air Force. Until the ambulance gets here, I am not sure. My favorite transport company, 4 Corners, has failed to get anyone to pick it up for over three weeks. I'll be waiting!

Found that the HBC blankets are pretty common on Ebay, if anybody is looking for a period correct red wool blanked. I was lucky to get 4 of them on a local army surplus that closed... and a dozen of medical 50's "scrubs"

Kurt the blankets or the scrubs? I only kept one blanket for me, gave the other ones to other ambulance nuts north here, and kept 3 or 4 scrubs.

Back