This " '59 " limo should cause a stir!

I saw a 1970 limousine once that had a 1969 front clip. After an accident, the funeral home owner had a hard time finding the correct parts so he used what he could find.

In the Olds thread I posted a photo of a 1975 C/B hightop with a 1976 clip; again, as the result of an accident.

Perhaps that's what happened here...?

I have a pair of 59 Quarters.......

in the parts department and a spare set of 59 Hubcaps too. If I had that car I could complete its upgrade........

I'm going up this sat to check out this 59 ? and I'll take pics

Mike

I just noticed that the price went up from $7,000 to $10,000 .....I'm sure it was $7,000 yesterday ??? hmmmmmm

he has over 1,100 views on it so I guess he thinks it worth more ??

Last edited:
It is a 1959

My vote is that it is a 1959 with 1960 fins grafted onto the top of the rear fenders. The fender below the fin is a 1959 fender, along with the rest of the car.

My vote is that it is a 1959 with 1960 fins grafted onto the top of the rear fenders. The fender below the fin is a 1959 fender, along with the rest of the car.

You beet me to saying that by just a few minutes. I noticed those are definitely '59 quarters, so I would also think they've grafted on '60 fins.

Well...

Here's what my friend, Dwight Hargrove, has said on this strange car:

"I think I may be able to shed some light on this cars' origins. Back in the day, the richest man in Canada Bud McDougald of Argus Corporation and Hollinger mines ordered a new '59 Cadillac. When they delivered it to his estate, he took one look at it and said "those fins are grotesque...I want them removed". So back to the dealer it went. I would assume they decided to modify it by changing it to the more modest Eldorado fins...money was no object so replacement fins were probably air freighted directly from Italy. I might be wrong about this car but it sure does seem to fit the story. By the way, there is a book written by their butler...called "The Butler". He was an acquaintance of mine and that is how I know the story about the car."

Think Josh is onto something. I too thought they were '59 Brougham fins. These have a slight curve into top portion as opposed to standard '60 CDV angle. Also note besides '59 quarters that it boasts '59 rear bumper ends, '59 (standard) rear grille, and Eldo/Fleetwood taillight V trim.

Darren/Mike, when viewing in person if unable to access VIN, check length of dash pad under ignition. '59 is longer and more pointed than '60. Here's a '60 for reference.

1234689_10151842397408221_1004159424_n.jpg

VIN starting/ending with a star will face outward on driver frame horn behind core support and should match plastic tag on rear of driver door sill.

1185522_10151842401678221_1932297119_n.jpg

Back