Taillight Identification Needed

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
Can you identify the taillights that are used in these tunnel lights? Thanks Paul

Attachments

• lens2.jpg
    lens2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 506
Do you know, or do you need to know? Looks a little like the taillights on a 55-57 GMC Panel (guess how I know?) They are about the same size, but they have a "step" in them in about the middle...

I would like to know. These lenses are flat across the front. This is the best picture that I have so far. Thanks for the help, and keep the answers coming. I will check out the suggestions and post pictures of what I find. thanks again... Paul

u no better

Paul,
Get one of the lenses off and give us the numbers if any are availible.
I think they look like parking light lenses from a late 50s GM item. Or maybe
tail lights from a mid 50s GM truck.
Numbers and close up pictures please.
Mike

All I have so far are pictures. Steve Loftin has helped me with the following picture that he took of a C/B Buick.

Attachments

• lens.jpg
    lens.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,043
  • Comet%2059%20Buick.jpg
    Comet%2059%20Buick.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 547
1959 Pontiac Catalina?

leftrear.JPG

Memphis Coach CO. used 1959 Pontiac Station Wagon tail lights for their roof lights. This is what I remember and will comfirm with Jack. See attached pictures.

Attachments

• Memphis Coach 1959 Pontiac OWB.jpg
    Memphis Coach 1959 Pontiac OWB.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 492
  • Memphis Coach 1959 Chrysler Nebraska City NE.jpg
    Memphis Coach 1959 Chrysler Nebraska City NE.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 499
  • Memphis Coach 1959 Mercury Monterey.jpg
    Memphis Coach 1959 Mercury Monterey.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 568
I spoke to Steve Loftin earlier today, and we have a suspicion that the lenses in the original picture that I posted might not be the correct lensed that the car originally came with. He send me this picture showing what we believe is the correct lens. I don't doubt that there were more than one lens used in this tunnel light. Does anyone know what this lens is from?

attachment.php

onto something

Now we are onto something. As soon as I saw the 'bullets' on the lenses I thought of 52 Buicks. Seems like a long time for those lights to be in stock to get used by a secondary builder. But I guess you use what you can get.
Mike

Buick tail light lenses

Paul,
I have a set of 51-52 Roadmaster lenses. Double bullets like in one of the pictures. Got them at the swap meet today.
No bezels, just lenses but it is a start.
Mike

picture?

You have to see posts 5, 8, 9, and 12 in this thread. Paul and Attila have posted pictures here.
Oh, all right, here are the pictures of the lenses I bought at the local swap meet yesterday. After we all seemed to agree the lenses were early 50s Buick I grabbed these when the vendor told me what they fit. I did not ask, he volunteered the info as soon as I picked up a lens to look at it.
Mike

Attachments

• 51 52 Roadmastrer tail light lenses 01.jpg
    51 52 Roadmastrer tail light lenses 01.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 51 52 Roadmastrer tail light lenses 02.jpg
    51 52 Roadmastrer tail light lenses 02.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 51 52 Roadmastrer tail light lenses 03.jpg
    51 52 Roadmastrer tail light lenses 03.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 51 52 Roadmastrer tail light lenses 04.jpg
    51 52 Roadmastrer tail light lenses 04.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 51 52 Roadmastrer tail light lenses 05.jpg
    51 52 Roadmastrer tail light lenses 05.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 161
It is now confirmed that the roof lights on that Oldsmobile are no longer part of the car. After a prolonged attempt to acquire them, without my being where the car is located, they were shipped to me by a person that I met on another website that lives in Nebraska. I made a post asking if anyone lived in Eastern Nebraska. A member there responded, and offered to pick up the roof sections, pack them, and ship them to me. The next part of this project is to get them mounted on the Chevrolet. The pictures below will tell the rest of the story...

Attachments

• MVC-017L.jpg
    MVC-017L.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 85
  • MVC-018L.jpg
    MVC-018L.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 104
  • MVC-016L.jpg
    MVC-016L.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 100
Back