must have tools

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
walked past the tool box yesterday and his drawer was open. and i though I have best pass this along. up here in the were do we put this drawer are a pair of tools that every one should have in there box. they are not needed every day but when you do need on of them all work stops till you use it

Attachments

• IMG_7391.jpg
    IMG_7391.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 197
Assorted drawer, O/A hose fittings, mediablast tips, fuse puller, door handle remover, tap wrench, scissors, tweezers, feelers, plug gapper,
Nope, no flashlight batterys in this drawer

In this case I probity stole one from the house never to return it. Of course there are no batteries in there those 19 volt packs are to big. I bought this box set up in 72 been using it daily since then. I know there is stuff in there that has not seen daylight in years.

In this case I probity stole one from the house never to return it. Of course there are no batteries in there those 19 volt packs are to big. I bought this box set up in 72 been using it daily since then. I know there is stuff in there that has not seen daylight in years.

After yesterday I'm not sure if senility is setting in or I should be celebrating. Been looking for my jumper cable with Anderson plugs and my yellow tool bag for a month. Yesterday the Explorer did the beloved bot enough battery to start routine thanks to all the computer crap draw on it when I was headed out.

At least I wasn't time committed so I took the time to look in the big plastic box I threw in the back to keep things neater. Regularly used connector box removed, roll of duct tape, roll of mechanic wire, kneeling pillow, extension cord out I found not only the yellow bay, which contained a lot more than I remembered throwing in it, I found the black bag I hadn't even missed yet. On the bottom was the Anderson Plug cable.

Pulled that sucker out, undid the velcro straps, and backed the garden tractor/buttbuggy next to the Explorer to recharge the Explorer. It worked well and I repacked the big plastic box. Started the Explorer and let it idle for a few minutes while I put the ButtBuggy away.

I wonder if people who are permatied to them smart phones use them to keep an inventory of their toys er I mean tools. I'd just mislay the damn phone.

Spare AA batterys are in the black leather bag between the front & back seat, passenger side along with 4 of the personal tropical vacation fans I give ladies of a certain age so they can chill. Ladies seem to like that gesture and don't leave me on HOLD.

I wonder if people who are permatied to them smart phones use them to keep an inventory of their toys er I mean tools. I'd just mislay the damn phone.

I use my phone to keep track of notes, part numbers, and track checklists for projects. I dont actually use it to keep track of any tools or anything. I really only have one small toolset, and I keep it neatly positioned by my jumpseats at all times. I will say using the colornote app on my phone for lists has been handy as if I need to jot down an important serial number or part number for later I dont have to worry about laying a piece of paper down only to lose it later.

what's a smart phone? I though we were up down when we got a cordless one.
now here is one more draw full of stuff you seldom need but when you do nothing else will work

Attachments

• IMG_7407.jpg
    IMG_7407.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 111
Back