Dates

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
We just got word that there is a conflict with employer vacation blackout on the dates chosen for the meet for one of our team members. With Kandy most likely not being able to help that will leave us short in a key function. Looking at changing the dates. So we need inpute from you all. Would the last week in jun 24-28 or the last full week in july 22-26 be better.

Ed,
I would prefer the Junes dates, but I will make whatever work. Remember that I am willing to help out where I can.

Personally, I believe that July will allow more people to attend, since many with children in school might not be able to do a June meet. I would prefer a July date.

Ed,
I would tell you to schedule it to where it works best on YOUR end with your venues and your people. Not everyone will make it work, but that's how it goes. This is a year from now and most of us are anxious enough about coming out to where we will make it happen, one way or the other. I will be there regardless of the date, "come hell or high water"!

June would be much better for me.

In terms of the school argument, in most areas now, school gets out WAY before those June dates. The schools around here even have the entire month of June off. They all finish the Friday before Memorial Day or the week after it. I think only a few states have schools that go late anymore and then start back up after Labor Day, and those few schools will still be out before those June dates. Plus, the amount of kids that seem to come to the meets are pretty minimal.

Let's do the meet before it gets too hot.

I am not aware of any schools that end their year in June. They all get out in May around my part of the world.

Back