John ED, Ya getting any.......

Up here we are getting soaked raining for 2 days now,this morning at 2 A.M. lightning hit my outside hydro pole and deflected to my steel roof,so from about 2:10 till 6 AM sat in the rain with the fire dept while we checked out everything,and got power restored I think it was a glancing blow but they are the pros.if it keeps up does anyone know what noah and his ark are listed under.:rofl:

they say it will quit this afternoon . we are just now starting to get sunshine. we woke up to this this morning. the problem I'm faced with is the ground has the frost out. the temperature was up in it before this stuff so we have a good inch of slush and mud going down. they are talking about 50 by Sunday here so it will go fast. but right now how do I get this thing out to the street. all I have to do is back it up 100 ft threw this.

Attachments

• IMG_0702.JPG
    IMG_0702.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0707.JPG
    IMG_0707.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0708.JPG
    IMG_0708.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 338
Its finally above 0C. (32F for the American freinds) It hit 36F here today. Snowbanks beside my driveway are down to about 5 feet in height.
Started getting parts together for this springs agenda on the '54. Picked up 3 new u-joints, had the fuel tank and steel filler neck into a rad shop to weld in larger vent tubing to ged rid of the "backwash" when filling the tank. Ordered a complete gasket kit for the transmission to seal it up after the upcoming rebuild. Still have to pull the driveshaft hanger bearing to match it at a bearing shop here in town.

Just need heat to melt this white snot all over the ground.

Ed, you are a very kind and generous soul, but was it necessary to share this with us? This is what we woke up to this morning. Hey, Northland Spring Meet in three weeks! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 181
east it went east, I sent it south. get it cleared out and we'll drop in to see you next week. woke up today at 16 and by the time Mookie and I got back it was 26. they are calling for high today of 40 and back in the 50's Sunday before the guys up north send us more.

man the wait for 5 foot to go away would be bad. one of those times were you say don't put that here I don't want to drive around it for the next 6 months. you know how close to spring it is by how narrow your drive way is

all ours dose around here is come a go

I'm about 20 minutes south of Tony and we had the same thing as well as thunder and lightning with the snow. Schools just west of the metro heading west and southwest toward the Dakotas are closed or had late starts. The winter that never ends!

hang in there guys spring is coming. we got up to 48 today the birds were out and the girls found a sunny place to lay.

Attachments

• IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0716.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0719.jpg
    IMG_0719.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 172
Pate was nice enough to bark me awake before 7am this morning (on my day off) to make sure I knew we were having a thunderstorm.

I slept through a thunderstorm the previous night while I was at work (at the airport - our bunkrooms are well insulated to block the jet noise). We had an American plane struck by lightning while it was on the ground.

will round three came in last night. so stand by in the east it will be there soon enough. you guys getting warmer up north thanks for sharing again we need some more.

Attachments

• IMG_0854.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 125
Dear Mother Nature, at this time of the year we in the PCS are getting the yard work done quickly so we can move on to the important stuff, polishing cars and attending meets, so when I awoke Saturday morning to see my yard covered in white I must ask. :wtf:

the only nice part of spring is it doesn't last long. it got up to 38 yesterday and here is what the 53 looked like at supper time.

Attachments

• IMG_0859.jpg
    IMG_0859.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 100
Back