'67 Bonneville LWB Ambulance

This might be the car that I first saw in Chatham at the 1993 PCS meet with a ON plate that said " CODE 0 " or something like that.

Was owned by a PCS member who passed away and them taken to some more PCS meets by his son and then sold off.

Anyone else have any memories of that situation ?

Could be that car,
Darren

Could it be !!

Was called Roys toy owned by Roy Hurst of St Catherines Ont.believe his son in law (ex) was on this site last year talking about it,had this rig to a parade in Woodstock,where I got ambulances from several decades to display,if I find that picture I will bring it to Flint, still looks savable.and like many if I had the money or room if if if.believe the ex son in law was John McCarthy from Englehart Ont.

Last edited:
The seller makes it sound like this rig was in PA 10ish years ago and has been in Iowa for quite some time as well.

Kurt if memory serves me right John McCarthy's ex-wife, Roy's daughter had sold the unit to PA,after their divorce,the 2 red lights in the grill are the same,hope some one gets it and returns it to its former glory.Also the sign on the roof behind the siren was were the words" Roys Toy "was put.

Last edited:
they lob a zero off it will go. sounds like it starts and runs but needs towed. must not stop. 5 would be a realistic price to me.

Hopefully, all of that advertising is decals and not painted on. Looks like it would be a quick clean up if those are decals! The uggliest part is the squatty radial tires!

Wayne

That is the same situation I remember about the car.

I have photos of it but just need to dig them out.

Some situations with the cars care after a passing of a owner is sad when you know how much the owner cared for his treasure.

Darren

We discussed about this car on facebook, that,s the same I filmed in 2000 at the Kingston international meet next to the other '67 Pontiac.

As seen at the PCS International in Chicago, 1998. Definitely the same car.

Attachments

• 67SupPontMcCarthyChicago98 - Copy.jpg
    67SupPontMcCarthyChicago98 - Copy.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 121
I went to look at this one yesterday. Its very solid, a little minimal rust bubbling repair, and paint and it will make a nice looking car, and its already completely stocked, including backboard, folding stretcher, items in cabinet and much more. It is from a fellow PCS member, that has Alzheimer's now, so an employee is selling it for him. The reason they say it needs towed is when they moved it from the storage shed he felt it was not running very well, had a miss (most likely old gas, or just from sitting) so they just called to tow it to its current location instead of chancing it breaking down. They had it covered with a tarp, which I told him may not be a good idea because of causing a greenhouse effect so when cutting it off so I could see it, it was starting the process with frost and moisture on the inside of the windows, but after having the doors open for an hour it dried out, and he said he never thought of that and is leaving it uncovered. We tried to start it, but from sitting and the cold it would not catch, but it did turn over fine until what little charge it had left drained. I do not know if the lights, radios ect work or not. Never got that far before battery died. The writing on it are just decals. Sounded like no reasonable offer will be refused, but they are not going to give it away.

thanks for the report. but you have the greenhouse effect in reverse. you cover the car to stop the greenhouse effect. a wise man would leaved at least one window down a couple inches with it covered also. the heat will build with sunlight going threw the glass. causing the inside temperature to warm up causing the humidity to condense on the glass and outer panels due to the temperature variation. you block the sunlight to slow down the greenhouse effect. the condensation you noticed would have been avoided if a window had been left down and air allowed to flow a little. it's most like from a water leak allowing a small amount in the car as it sits. standard high top problem and the reason for the floor rot in them. the cover will also keep the freeze thaw cycle from driving the moisture into the cracks on the exterior. uncovered the car will frost over at night melt in the sunlight and refreeze every night. the sunny side of the car will receive the most damage. a short period of time is not a problem but if the car sets a season or two the damage is extensive. as the last two cars I have done were fine examples of why you cover them up if they are left out side.

Ed, he was using a very cheap tarp, and the body had moisture on it too. When we peeled it off the blue from the tarp was even sticking to the car. We couldn't get the tarp off the roof because it was froze down, there was a layer of ice between the roof and tarp. I think leaving it uncovered is much better than that. At least the air will circulate around it and keep it dry. Ive seen cars sit out for years uncovered and get less rust than some Ive seen covered, Just my experience.
I know I wouldn't mind having that one, and Im not even an ambulance guy. I think its the Pontiac part that I like (and the green interior)

Also, go to Walmart's R.V. section and get the gallon pail size moisture wick(can't remember what they call it, but I bought one for my ambulance). Paper products are also great for absorbing moisture and odors(newspaper, cardboard, etc.).

We all know how difficult it is to find good interior chrome pieces in a junk yard(for the reasons that Ed mentioned). I was once on a mission to find some Imperial interior trim pieces at a friend's Imperial salvage yard. I came across a car that had had a large stack of acoustic ceiling tile stacked inside of it for a long time. The interior chrome trim was in perfect shape because of that stack of acoustic tile!

I understand what you are saying the most expensive car cover left outside in our weather will do the same thing. freeze down to the car. it's better to cover it even with a FEMA roof. if you are going to do long term storage.

Back