PCS coolers - where has yours been?

Sarah Snook

PCS Life Member
Now that everyone should be rested from the international meet last month, I hope that some of you are enjoying your new PCS coolers and taking them to some fun and exciting places. Where has yours been? Share pics of where you have taken your cooler. It will be like a PCS version of Flat Stanley, where we can see all the neat places the coolers have headed.

Here's mine. I took it to Parry Sound, Ontario.

Attachments

• cooler flat stanley.jpg
    cooler flat stanley.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,546
Here is a pic of some Tri-State Chapter members with their coolers at Moon Park today. Moon Park is close to the Pittsburgh international airport. L-R: Phil Rishel, Shawn Blyler, Rick Duffy (centered behind the sign), Charles Snyder Sr. The picture was Phil's idea, and a neat one too.

Attachments

• MoonPark2011 022.jpg
    MoonPark2011 022.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 1,524
Traveling Cooler

I didn't think to take pictures but we have had our cooler to Gilmore Car Museum near Hasting, MI, Bricks Flicks in Flint, Back to the Bricks in Flint and a cruise to the Owosso Conservation Club thus far. I will take pictures at future events that we attend. We have enjoyed our cooler as it doesn't take up very much space.

Here is a pic of some Tri-State Chapter members with their coolers at Moon Park today. Moon Park is close to the Pittsburgh international airport. L-R: Phil Rishel, Shawn Blyler, Rick Duffy (centered behind the sign), Charles Snyder Sr. The picture was Phil's idea, and a neat one too.

Funny thing happened while I was sitting in Salinesville, Ohio today with my 64 M-M. This dude comes up to me and says he loves hearses, he said a friend just sent him some pictures from a show he was at. He shows me and there is Dan Skivolocke's 59, the Teagues 59, Duffy's 64 and Phil Rishel's end loader who were all at Moon Township, PA Small world? :drive2:

Peter

Yes, it was a registration gift from the Ohio Chapter in Hudson.

It had a bunch of there items in it too.

Attendance has it's privileges I guess.

Hope they have extras if you are wanting one,
Darren

I took mine to the Milton Steam-Era show today !

But forgot to take the photo.

:pat:

Lots of vintage Steam tractors and many others from the 40's to 60's too.

Watched the garden tractor-pull ! Some guys have 80 hp and over 10,000.00 invested in these little power houses.

Met a guy in his 80's who collected vintage chain saws.
He has over 300 of them.

Neat to see it all,
Darren

we went here today with it

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,295
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,298
  • IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,290
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,370
Well today I spent the entire day on a surveillance waiting for a resident with a warrant for bank robbery. This means you eat in the car. Here is my cooler riding "shotgun". Bad news is he never showed.

Attachments

• PCS Lunch box.jpg
    PCS Lunch box.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,043
Recent travels with our cooler

Here is our cooler during recent road trips. Photo one shows it during a visit to Hell, Michigan on Saturday, September 17, 2011. During this visit our cooler traveled with us in a procession with 50 other hearses in an attempt to set a world record. Photo two shows it during a visit to the Firemans Memorial Monument in Roscommon, Michigan on Sunday, September 18, 2011. During this visit we went to the flea market and show at the old fairgrounds and then stopped by the monument to pay our respects to fellow firefighters that have died. Firemans Memorial Festival is an annual event which is attended by hundreds of firefighters from all over Michigan and surrounding areas. The timing of these two events is ironic when you consider the fact that there is a saying that "firefighters walk where the devil dances".

Attachments

• coolerhell.jpg
    coolerhell.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 274
  • coolerfm.jpg
    coolerfm.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 266
This weekend, I took my cooler sailing on Lake Erie. Here is a pic of it with the downtown skyline and another with the Cleveland Browns Stadium in the background.

Attachments

• cooler downtown.jpg
    cooler downtown.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 247
  • cooler stadium.jpg
    cooler stadium.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 243
coolers in New Jersey

Mary Hookway sent me this picture of her cooler. Here it is on Saturday, September 10, at Liberty State Park in Jersey City, New Jersey. She and Jeff took it to the New Jersey 9/11 Empty Sky Memorial. You can see the new One World Trade Center building across the river.

Attachments

• cooler New Jersey.jpg
    cooler New Jersey.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 239
Toledo, OH

Brad Ross and I attended the Cadillac & LaSalle Club Northwest Ohio Chapter Meet at Taylor Cadillac in Toledo on September 17, 2011.

MI Collectible swap meet and Car Show - 9-24-11

Here are PCS members attending a car show with a Ohio PCS cooler !

Left to Right:
Darren Bedford - (holding cooler)
Brad Ross - (his hearse in Background)
Kevin Parkinson - (his 3 boys in the photo)
Dr. Dennis Lloyd - (his hearse across the isle out of view)
Digger (Jen Baker, not shown) - taking the photo for this thread with Brad's camera)

Cars in attendance:
Kevin's - Cadillac 9 passenger limo
Brad's - Cadillac hearse
Dennis's - AHA Lincoln hearse

We had a blast visiting with each other and the weather was fantastic.

I found a few treasures and had to pass on many more as we ran out of room to lug them home.

Lots of old cars being shown... car parts and collectibles in the fair grounds for sale.

I plan on attending next year too ! So should anyone within a days drive.

Darren

Back