Just a reminder

Once again it's the time of year when we haul out the device with the long glass tube and thermometer, warm up the vehicles and verify the amount of alcohol in the radiator fluid.

OK, for guys who don't go back that far, and run 180° thermostats, check the glycol content.

My personal preference has switched from the glass tube hydrometer to the Refractometer since the price dropped like a rock. The ones currently sold for $30- are well within tolerance when compared to the hydrometers.

Just thought I'd mention it on my way out to get mine done so I don't have to use kerosene engine heaters this winter.

You got one of those fancy heaters your lucky. I set some corn kobs in a trash can lid and light them off.

Kind of ashamed t admit, but between the TP shortage, new combines around here and some cur robbing my bin you'd play hell findin a cob in this area. Worse, near everybody grew beans this year.

There are years like that. Besides been meaning to get that oil drip fixed. Watching those drops burn up half way to the pan worries me. Been lucky for a few years i guess.

Ya know, a fellow with cobs could use em to absorb them oil drops over time and then gain some useful heat lighting em off in a proper pan. Bread pan springs to mind quick, and you should be able to store saturated cobs in a drywall mud bucket with a lid on. Could be onto a whole new product line.

Back