WANTED: 1962 Cadillac CC Hood

Darren Bedford

PCS Member
Looking for a 1962 Cadillac Commercial Chassis hood
to replace the one damaged on the return trip from the PCS meet in Albany.

Tom Hoczyk has two hood hinges for me so I just need a hood.
Thanks Tom !

Please contact me at:
416-729-9696
darren @ bedfordunicycles . ca

THANK YOU !
Darren

Dan

Thanks for the info.

Was your hood in decent condition ?

What color was it ?
Doesn't matter but I just wanted to know for reference.

Thanks !
Darren

Caddy guy here in TX has one. My next trip to his property is later this week.

dsc00232hn.jpg

Was your hood in decent condition ?

What color was it ?

It was black and a nice rust free hood.

Caddy guy here in TX has one. My next trip to his property is later this week.

Any chance of getting the rt fender wheel lip trim from this? Thanks

If still there, don't see why not. Scrolled through my 1500+ pics taken @ this place and don't have one of the passenger side to confirm. Will check in person soon.

Attila

Thanks for the posting.

Looking for something nicer to start with. The car its going on is real nice.

How is that windshield on that limo ? Any idea if it has any chips or cracks ?
What the price is ?

I called the guy Dan suggested. Waiting for the guy to return the call regarding the hood.

Thanks to all for their help.

Darren

Darren, I wouldn't judge a piece of TX sheetmetal based on light surface rust. When there, I'll check the underside thoroughly for pinholes in typical areas, like corners, latch, etc. Any hood you buy will need prep work anyway.

The windshield is perfect; no raspberries, chips, or cracks. I bought it for my '60 a couple months back after taking that picture. ;)

Pretty sure the inner and outer windshield trim has also been sold since my last trip.

If I remember correctly, please let me know if I am wrong the cc and the 2 door coupe is the same and the 4 dr and 75's are shorter in length.

I recently learned the differences Kenn. (Thanks Larry!)

Starting in '61, passenger car windshields changed. Since the '59 wrap around windshield was used until '64 on procars ('65 on limos), the sheetmetal had to be modified from that on a passenger car. The back curvature of the hood is noticeably changed. The top inside edges of the fenders (along the hood) are 2" wider than stock. Where the fenders curve under behind the front wheels are longer as well.

Thanks for the update.

Still looking for a hood but I have a couple Cadillac Parts guys to get back to me still.

Thanks for checking,
Darren

Daniel

Thanks for the link

I will call Tuesday

The hood is rusted through at the front but I need a windshield too
so I will see if the windshield is good.

I will let you know what I find out.

Darren

Kevin

Thanks for the post !

I got this same info from another PCS member, Mark Goodman and ended up getting a hood and both fenders. I didn't need the fenders but one day I may
so I bought them too.

Im just trying to figure out the best way to get them shipped to Detroit (Lincoln Park) MI from Austin TX.

He says he knows of a guy who can ship the parts and it waiting for a price for it. I should know tomorrow.

Thanks to Mark for sending the info that ending up working out.

The hood does have a dent in the front but that is better than what I have now. Hopefully refinishing it and installing it happens before the local PCS chapter fall meet here in Toronto.

Thanks again to all who have helped in any way with me finding this hood.

Darren

I paid the guy today for the hood and fenders. They will be picked up Sunday in Austin TX and will be shipped to the Detroit area. I will pick up the parts myself from the carrier when he makes his way there with them.

Not sure if the 350.00 shipping rate is good but thats what it is to ship the hood and two fenders with the carrier.

Things are going well I'd say.

Take it easy,
Darren

Back