Standard OEM parts on pro-cars

Just thought it would be handy to start a thread of interchangeable parts that coachbuilders used. Mainly stuff that is odd to the car yet a standard production part off a standard chassis. Just a tool for replacement parts.

1994-96 Buick & Cadillac ( Eureka & Miller-Meteor. CCE of Norwalk )
- 3rd brake light off chevy lumina minivan
- back-up lights off same era Buick regal (some regals had a different style)
- Interior grab handle for far rear door (roof grab handle from same era Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham - light lens was covered with vinyl)
-Rear compartment woodgrain around door handle from same era Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
-License plate lights ( universal type found at truck stops and wal-mart in the RV/automotive section)

Early to Mid 90's S&S

Early to mid 90's Eagle

2004 era Eagle Lincolns
- Earlier model taillights to gain more room for a wider door
- Grab style rear door handle off late 90's Ford/Lincoln

Tail Light Lens 74-76

The 74-76 use the lens from the midsize 74-77 Chevy station wagon . The Buick and Olds midsize use the same lens but the trim is a little different and I have seen some with a small Buick and or Olds Crest in the center of the lens. They will interchange but the Chevy lens has no markings on it. Mid 80,s El Camino look similar but will not work .

Attachments

• 2009-02-20-20.26.59-1024x682.jpg
    2009-02-20-20.26.59-1024x682.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 436
The rear compartment lighting for all of the '70s Superiors(hearses and ambulances) was the same fixture and lens that was used in '70s and '80s El Caminos(dome light) and '70s mid-sized G.M. wagons above the third seat.

Sconce Lights

S&S and few others used the GM dome light asy . This use the fuse type bulb and if on for any length of time do a Chernobyl :eek: . Best thing to do with them is put in a led bulb.

Attachments

• DSC05796.jpg
    DSC05796.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 450
They used the corvair tallights on superior pontiacs in 66 also. I had a heck of a time figuring out what they were. One was mismatch when I got my consort. A friend of mine was the one that knew.

Steve, do you know if the chrome at the back corners that follow the bumper at the end of the quarter panels was a superior specific part? They look like the ones on a 62 Pontiac wagon. I'd hate to assume because the curve could totally be wrong.

Superior curtain rods

Superior used metal brake lines for their curtain rods.

Back