Cajun Pawn Stars - hearse episode!

Anyone seen the ad for "Cajun Pawn Stars" this week?
The commercial starts with Jimmie's daughter saying "Why did you buy a HEARSE!!!" which seems so funny to us knowing Jimmie has been involved in our hobby for YEARS and owns several coaches and is/was a PCS member. The commercial goes on with Jimmie saying "It'll scare up more business for Halloween".

The hearse is a 1967 Cadillac - Superior royale limo-style. Nice looking car on the commercial.

Here's what the History channel's website says:
Jimmie challenges his staff to a scary Halloween costume contest...with a day off as first prize. In keeping with the holiday spirit, the Cajun Pawn Stars are offered a 1967 Cadillac Fleetwood hearse and a Sleepy Hollow movie collectible with a Johnny Depp autograph.

She probably asked him why he bought a hearse because that was in the script. The producers wouldnt want to let anyone know people actually collect them, that way everytime they script one in one of the "reality shows" they can make all the cliche goulish comments that most of us are so sick of hearing.

I always enjpy the show, because they seem like such genuinely good people. I can't wait to see this episode.

My Mom actually called me all excited sayin, "oh my gosh on this show this guys buying a hearse and his wife is all mad with him" and this and that haha! I said tbanks for letting me know you saw a hearse on TV but hes a member of the PCS and is very familiar with hearses. Its all for show. Still neat to see. But definitely geared towards hearses being creepy and only good for halloween etc. (The majority) Thats TV for ya.

Cajun hearse

Did I see what I thought I saw on that episode? Jimmy is behind the counter in the store and above his head is a pair of bullet ambulance lights. Long red lenses with white bodies. Almost looked like a pair of kids rocket ships from the 50s at first.
Mike

I havent seen it yet, but the bad thing is he probably already owns the car that they made it look like he bought. Reality shows are soo fake.
Being a PCS member i hope he didnt go against what he stands for in this club and make all the stupid remarks that we all hate hearing from the public.

I saw it and he did speak of how hearses are made. They said it's a 1967 Cadillac Fleetwood - Superior hearse. Camera panned down to show the "Superior" nameplate on the rear quarter panel.
"Owner" wanted $15,000 and Jimmie got it for $6500 after a test drive around town. He went on to explain "hearses are hand-built on a truck chassis, and Cadillac only made the front clip"
Jimmie had it in his front yard as the centerpiece of a Halloween display for the neighborhood kids and the pawn shop employees did a costume contest.

I saw the bullet lights in the background too Mike. Didn't we bring this up in a discussion a while back that those were all that was left from a famous ambulance he had documented as being the only remaining pieces? Maybe a MLK ambulance? At any rate there were 2 sitting on special stands in the background inside the pawn shop.

I saw it and he did speak of how hearses are made. They said it's a 1967 Cadillac Fleetwood - Superior hearse. Camera panned down to show the "Superior" nameplate on the rear quarter panel.
"Owner" wanted $15,000 and Jimmie got it for $6500 after a test drive around town. He went on to explain "hearses are hand-built on a truck chassis, and Cadillac only made the front clip"
Jimmie had it in his front yard as the centerpiece of a Halloween display for the neighborhood kids and the pawn shop employees did a costume contest.

I saw the bullet lights in the background too Mike. Didn't we bring this up in a discussion a while back that those were all that was left from a famous ambulance he had documented as being the only remaining pieces? Maybe a MLK ambulance? At any rate there were 2 sitting on special stands in the background inside the pawn shop.

Thought he paid too much for it. Decent car.

In a earlier post I mentioned that since reality shows are fake and he probably already owned the car that he "bought" on the show.
Well, I just looked through the PCS roster, (new and the 2010 edition), and he has a 67 Superior listed. Sounds a little to fishy to me.

...and he has a 67 Superior listed. Sounds a little to fishy to me.
Of course. As you mentioned, it's a TV show. You can't believe everything you see on TV, can you? ;)

Ever seen the credits for some of these "reality" shows? "Casting Assistant"? That's real...

It's entertainment, not news.

And yet, sometimes, it is fun to watch. I watch some of them, just take 'em with a grain of salt.

Back