What' this?

Martin Harvey

PCS Member
Yesterday I travelled more than 230 kilometers to get pictures of what will probably be my first pro-car ever!! After 10 years of admiration, 2 PCS International events (Kingston 2000 and Albany last year) I finaly found a nice 1970 Cadillac Miller-Meteor combination. Here is a picture of an unusual thing...

inner oxygen bottle dispenser? vacuum?

About the car.. Few body work needed: quarter panels are in pieces, rockers too but it looks great for a Quebec winter survivor in running condition. A good point: the interior is amazing! One thing, sadly the previous owner put carpet everywhere on top of the floor mat. Any Idea where to get new one, or a good repro? Looks to be standard M-M, it's the same as the 71.

Never seen anything like that on an M-M. Has to be ether a shut off for O2 or vacuum for suction unit. Looks like its been on the car a while.

Oh, by the way to help for identify... It's connected to a rubber tube that goes on the back of the seats, pass thru the spare tire... and goes in the back of a compressor..

Oh, by the way to help for identify... It's connected to a rubber tube that goes on the back of the seats, pass thru the spare tire... and goes in the back of a compressor..

Where is the compressor at? Is there anything that looks like a cradle or a bracket for a tank behind the seat?

That's why I was confused. No bracket. The compressor looks like a heater behind the drivers seat, under the compartments. I was rushed by time so I figured that the tube was connected to the compartment somewhere in front of the stretcher.

I'm guessing a bleeder valve for the AC. definitely not a MM idam. but one added for some purpose by some one. they usually work as a water drain. but without seeing the location which I'm guessing is on the divider in the cargo side it's hard to tell what they added it for. but it looks to me like a opening and close valve and petcock combination.

Martin, congratulations on the new purchase!

Two possibilities come to mind. One is suction, which would run off a vacuum hose that is, in this case, possibly connected to an electric suction pump (usually it's connected to engine vacuum). The other is a heater valve, that would turn on/off hot water flow to the rear heater, though that would usually be hidden somewhere. I don't recognize it to be sure.

It's a Vacuum valve !!!! After dismantling the cabinet to work properly on the floor a friend of mine followed the tube. Even if it goes to the compressor, it continues to the carburator.

It means that it was probably connected to somethin like a bottle? like the old embalming vacuum system?

it would have powered the suction device used in back. though i don't see how they had hooked it up a clearer picture may help. was it threaded on the open end? posably on the side we are not seeing.

Back