Vynl top?

We have discussed this before, and i've finally taken an action on it. The 1980 S&S Victoria had a new padded vynl top installed on it in Florida a few years ago. The shop that did it put the landau bars on the wrong sides & it really bugs me. Also... after seeing Brad Ross's all white Superior hearse in Flint I want a white top on the S&S.
With that being said, i've written Accubuilt to see if they'd be willing to take on the job of installing a new white vynl top. I've read discussions where in the past Accubuilt has done this on their former coaches, so after a reply is received i'll keep you all posted on their answer. It'll be nice to know one way or the other if they offer this service!

Dwayne, the all white hearse does look pretty good if I do say so myself.
Below is one of my favorite photos, taken by you in Flint. I hope you don't mind me sharing it with everyone again.

3829349326_2c82770992_b.jpg

Hasn't anyone told you that only a Superior can have a white vinyl top??
:yankchain:

I do agree that your S&S would look great with a white top installed.

isn't there a upholstery place locale that can do it. be interesting if accubuilt would, but around here it would be a grand to replace the top.

Brad,
No I don't mind at all, those photos were taken for all of you & it's great to see them enjoyed. As soon as I saw your coach I watched for the perfect chance to get an angled side shot... as it is truly the nicest "newer" hearse i've ever seen. Don't know what it is that's so appealing about it, but it has such a cool stance, laid back windshield, and is just stunning.

Wanna trade?:hide:

Haven't had any luck finding anyone local to redo this top, but haven't really looked too hard yet either. Figured Accubuilt would do the best job anyway. Last fall I got a quote on having it done in a vynl wrap, and it was nearly $1000 which seems way too high for a printed vynl wrap... and that price was with me stripping & prepping the roof beforehand. If Accubuilt doesn't want to do it i'll look for a shop in Columbus that'll take on the job.

Did they happen to say if they would sell you the materials they're using today or who the manufacturer is? I've seen shops here do tops with very different outcomes because of the type, texture, or height of the padding and vinyl. Not that anyone is likely to notice or care though, but a thought.

vinyl top

I like your black top also. All it needs is a shine and the landau bars put on correctly. The Top really looks super being that you are running non white wall tires and mags. Hard to improve on perfection.

Dwayne,

You might want to inquire if Eagle will take on your project. They had been doing some "refurbs." I would think with today's economy = a lull in new hearse sales, that any coachbuilder would be willing to help.

Thanks for the input guys!
Tony, I have taken your advice & wrote Eagle this morning, we'll see what they have to say about taking on the job.

Dwayne, there's a place on the east side of Upper that does vinyl work. I think it is call Wine;s (not sure) I is located on old 30 between the Drug Mart and US 23

Back