washington folding

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I had to get a good look at this one so we put a bid on it and got it. it is a Washington. just a little wider and shorter then a ferno #11 which is all I had to compare it to. fold into a neat package. wonder what the pad looked like. but as for hanging the legs and wheels have only one position to lock in front and either straight up or down in back. so were it will hang one wonders about the holes drilled in the slide and the wheels hanging down are in the way. it's made to sit along side or to use in a boot loader as the main gurney. to hand truck it one has to have the head up to clear the ground as you wheel it. it does fit the rack in the 53 better then the 11 did though so we need a Washington hanger for it.

Attachments

• IMG_2356.JPG
    IMG_2356.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2358.jpg
    IMG_2358.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2366.JPG
    IMG_2366.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 156
Have never seen a straight Washington hanger but that doesnt mean they arnt out there. The ones I have seen with locked wheels usually were meant as a secondary "main" cot and there were usually wheel cups to hold them in place. Some cars even had a eyelet on the floor that a seatbelt could hook into to help hold them in place.

that is defiantly what this one is intended for. we just hung it here to have a place to put it. but it does fit the hangers in this car were the Ferno did not. the mount spacing is off for there covering. and the superior hooks are to long. I'm sure we need to find a flat that is lashed to the frame for this car. the ferno folding stretcher I have dosen't fit either. the strange part of this folding Washington is that in order to wheel borrow it you have to have the head elevated. the wheels are that far back. I'm sure Washington had a flat hanger folding or not but like you I have never seen one or at least had it pointed out to me. this car had all the mounts removed in it except the hanging hard ware so we are guessing on what was in it. the advertising I can find says they used Washington equipment.

Last edited:
Another point just came to me...

All the companies I have worked for that used hanging cots never had ones that elevated. Again not to say they didnt make em...

Back