59 S&S windscreen

Hi there, i am restoring a 1959 Cadillac S&S Hearse and hoping to make contact with others that own or have restored this model. I have a few questions i am hoping someone can answer.
First question for the day, is the front windscreen different to other models and if so where can i buy a correct front screen for a commercial Chassis S&S Hearse ?
2nd Question, does anyone know how the rear side windows are held in and do the stainless moulding just sit on the outside of the body rather than fitting over the lip ?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Dave.

The 59-64 used the same glass. it is commercial glass. As for the trim i haven't had a 59 apart. But if they are like other S&S products they are screwed on from the inside. You will have to remove the glass to get them out. The windows will go out to the inside. One the inside trim is removed how they are held in will become apparent.

To elaborate on Ed's response...…….. all '59-'64 coaches built on Cadillac's commercial chassis and '59-'65 Series 75 sedans/limos, used the same commercial chassis windshield. This windshield was not used on any other Cadillac products.

Here is the pt # DW-0570 . It was avabaile at one time , but my understanding the fit was hit or miss . The pic shows the one that was avaiiblle at one time. My 61 is the same basic body S&S used from 59 to 64. I can look at it for specific's if that would help.

Attachments

• 59-64 CC Windshield #.JPG
    59-64 CC Windshield #.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC01495.JPG
    DSC01495.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 182
Hey Daniel, I was able to download and view it. This will make for some fun reading! So cool seeing this brand new 1959 Superior Cadillac Ambulance straight out of the oven!

59 commercial windscreens

Hey Dave
Welcome from across the ditch.
The Guy you have to look up is Timo Tanskanen he's a Fin in California and yep he sources what are said to be the best windscreens available from "Finland" , after hearing horror stories about dodgy mexican screens I was directed to this guy and have only read good reports about his screens. Ive attached some of the correspondence I had with him and a copy of the invoice.
Great guy to deal with.
They aren't cheap but that's restoring a coach! it cost me about $4000 AU once it arrived. I sourced my own importer in Australia and had Timo send it to my guys shipping address in San Fran. It came very well packed in a wooden crate.
I havn't fit it yet into my 59 superior coach but if you can wait it should be in within a year. And check this I'm sending my dash pad to Sweden to get recovered. $$$$ :thumbsup:
Bryce. Adelaide, South Australia

Attachments

• 2436_001.pdf
    34.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 2437_001.pdf
    50.5 KB · Views: 39
Back