1956 olds coach rebuild prep

Rocky Fluegge

PCS Member
Well this winter i really was hoping to get rebuilding on my 56 olds coach, but i figured i need to get back to the wifes truck since it has been about a year and a half since i have worked on it. I keep hearing it from her and everyone else around me.

So the plan is that and some work on my old kustom i had in high school that i hunted for about 14 years to find and bought back about 8 years ago. That is another story for another time.

I did get cutting up one of my parts cars to get off alot of stuff i can use. I will pick both of the cars clean that i have this car need soo much after i really get crawling around on it.

Here is the parts car that gave up alot of its parts

Attachments

• 55 olds parts tear down 001.jpg
    55 olds parts tear down 001.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 258
  • 55 olds parts tear down 003.jpg
    55 olds parts tear down 003.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 247
  • 55 olds parts tear down 004.jpg
    55 olds parts tear down 004.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 247
here the car as it gave up more of its parts for the coach.

As i crawled around both cars it is also going to give up a good amount of the frame also the one on the coach is soft and needs to be replaced also.

I have a replacement front clip for it that im going to also get into prime this winter. so im going to get some stuff done just not as deep as i was hoping to.

Attachments

• 55 olds parts tear down 010.jpg
    55 olds parts tear down 010.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 232
  • 55 olds parts tear down 035.jpg
    55 olds parts tear down 035.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 55 olds parts tear down 012.jpg
    55 olds parts tear down 012.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 55 olds parts tear down 036.jpg
    55 olds parts tear down 036.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 230
  • 55 olds parts tear down 008.jpg
    55 olds parts tear down 008.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 231
As you guys know im going to have a few libertys with the car,thats just me. But i will still make the club proud of it. But im changing the drive line to something that is going to be more reliable and easier to get parts for and better to drive cross counrty with.

I bought it a new heart, i got a great deal on it low mile gm ZZ4 355 HP small block that is going into it. im going to paint it olds colors and custom make the olds valve covers on it. so at a good glance most people will think its a olds but it wont be. Im one of those guys that love to have same makes in the cars but this is a great motor and i bought it right. so this is what its going to get, and a overdrive trans on it most likely

Attachments

• 55 olds parts tear down 006.jpg
    55 olds parts tear down 006.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 55 olds parts tear down 005.jpg
    55 olds parts tear down 005.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 55 olds parts tear down 007.jpg
    55 olds parts tear down 007.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 232
Rocky

WAY TO GO MAN !!!

I wish I had the ability, space, tools, knowledge to do all that with cars !

The new engine with that Demon carb will be outstanding !
Make sure you re-enforce the frame.

Can't wait to see the progress photos.
...after the truck of course !

Darren

Back