59 superior coach resto

Pulled out the headliner, raised the deck and treated myself to a new garage creeper to start scratching the inside of the lid. :D

Attachments

• 20200917_183134.jpg
    20200917_183134.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Sure hope that you saved the old headliner, and didn't pull out the bows. It will save you a lot of money when the upholstery shop doesn't have to waste a lot of time figuring out how to make the replacement. This is a rookie mistake that is made by many, because they don't ask questions before proceeding with parts removal. I hope that this information isn't too late.

Never toss anything away till you can mark the job done. You will be surprised how many times you did threw that ratty old stuff to figure out how they did something.

Thanks for the advice
I went one better I had my upholster look at it before the pull to see if it could be saved, it looked pretty good to me and I wanted to keep the original he assured me it wouldn't go back in, once I pulled it out that became pretty clear. Besides it was worth removing the rats nest and skeletons I found.
He also told me to keep the old one for him to cut the pattern Im going to remove the ribs and number them.
Is the headliner material available (metallic silver, random star) ?
and has any one found the cloth material superior used in 59?
mine is red

Attachments

• 20200908_070038.jpg
    20200908_070038.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 124
Back