5 footer or 20 footer

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
OK in that spirit of which would you rather drive. we decided to take a hr out of our life and put back on what we have here. we want to use the car over the labor day weekend. then as things lay around more happens to them. so we had the car in to replace the added evaporator fan for the rear AC unit that had frozen. and while it was in we took off what hard ware was left on the car.
it was just a matter of wire brushing the rust off and re gluing it back on then finding a new molding clip we could bolt on for the front side. the product we used to bond the steel to the plastic is called Q-Bond we get it at our locale parts store. it a super glue with a power hardener that you build up to stick things together. use it in a will vented place. trust me on this. but unfortunately we needed just a little more room to glue the post back on we broke off under the reflector. so now we have a 3 piece part instead of a 2.

but as they say better then it was. and it will do till we get our replacement. to finish it one would need to full the cracks on the car and work it there. but this lets ther pride in the ride back into driving the car

Attachments

• IMG_4301.jpg
    IMG_4301.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_4326.jpg
    IMG_4326.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_4327.jpg
    IMG_4327.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_4328.jpg
    IMG_4328.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_4329.jpg
    IMG_4329.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_4330.jpg
    IMG_4330.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 178
Not bad for a driver. But as the saying goes nothing more permanent then a temporary repair. It would be a decent used car repair. But if i can get the left half i can make it look like it was never damaged.

Back