For Sale electric 3 way 1976(?) IN CANADA

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a pic of this somewhere , look at the dash = 66 . The pic shows a 66 coach with later sheet metal ,looks like 77 and up front group and bumpers ?
I think the pic is in one of the PCS issues.

Attachments

• DSC04110.jpg
    DSC04110.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 207
I actually kind of like the way that looks, if it's what they say it is. When I first looked I though it was a 76 too, but it didn't look right to me. It says it is a 66 with front and rear bumpers updated to 76. Who knew everything would line up?

I guess I can understand a Funeral Home wanting to update it's fleet for public image but think this might be going a little far??!!! I can guess that it was a lot of work!! I also would say front end in front of the front tires and rear bumper and lower quarter panels (upper too??) without fender skirts are from '77 to '79 (maybe '80's??) era.
Personally I think it would have looked much nicer before the conversion!! But that is only MY opinion!!
Dana Bennett.

There was a company in Canada that did this for funeral homes. They would take their old car and replace the front and rear ends with current syling. They advertised in the American Funeral Director in the 1960's and 70's. One of their ads showed a 1962 that was updated to a 1970.
I saw a picture of this car in an old issue of TPC.

there would be a splice or two involved. as the doors and fenders would not mate up. but if it was a company conversion it would be a piece of Hx to save.

Funny how these turn up sooner or later

I remember this car from TPC too. Photo was taken by Kent Roduck if I remember correctly. This car is a 1966 Miller-Meteor Cadillac Classic Limousine 3-way, but has a 1977 fromt end and 1978 rear bumper / taillights. For what they intended to do, the craftsmanship doesn't look too bad from these photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back