73 Cadillac Centre link Question

HI, I need to purchase a steering centrelink for my 73 Cadillac Deville MM. Can anybody confirm if the centre link is the same for a sedan as it is a commercial chassis.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Peter

Center links are one of those items that are hard to find NOS, however, they are being reproduced, and in some instances, they are also rebuilt. Usually if the center link is worn, then it is best to replace the idler arm at the same time. When replacing the idler arm, it is important to make sure that you purchase one that is as close to the original equipment in design as possible, since a slight variation in design of the idler arm, can cause "bump" steering. This refers to the change in the steering geometry as you go down the road, and the wheels travel over bumps. In an extreme case of "bump" steering, it will require you to constantly be correcting the "drift" of the vehicle on the road. For this reason, I only use known quality parts, without regard to cost. Long after the sweetness of the low price part is gone, you will still be suffering the effects of its poor quality. Know your supplier, and insist on OEM quality parts.
A simplified explanation is .........

Bump steer is the amount the toe-in or toe-out changes
when the front suspension moves up and down relative
to the frame.
Source..

I bought the biggest part of my parts (center link as well) for the rebuild job on my 73 M-M combo from Performance Suspension Technology http://www.p-s-t.com/ in New Jersey. After buying what I needed here and a few over the counter items locally, and a few parts on eBay and labor I had about $2K in my rebuild. Along with the complete front suspension and steering rebuild I also rebuilt the brake components and installed new shocks and bearings too.

Back