new ride at home 12-15-12 014.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 594
  • new ride at home 12-15-12 015.jpg
    new ride at home 12-15-12 015.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 578
  • new ride at home 12-15-12 016.jpg
    new ride at home 12-15-12 016.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 576
That is a beautiful car, and I am certain that you are going to enjoy driving it along with restoring it. You don't see many of that vintage in that good of a condition. You have "grabbed the brass ring".. congratulations.

Hey im getting better with my coach IDing!

Rocky, that coach is just stunning. Absolutely gorgeous my man. I can imagine you are rather stoked right about now. Congrats are definitely in order bud!

well she is a 22.000 mile car, it runs but i think there are some stuck rings. The last owner says that if driven faster then 40 it will blow the oil right out of the breather. And it had a rust hole in the oil pan awhile ago and he was driving it and ran it down, so now it has low oild pressure. Im sure it did not do the bearings any good. So it runs but the motor is not good.

It kind of has all the old car that has been sitting issues, brakes are pretty much not there, the tank is dented bad and had leaks.

So this winter it is going to be all about getting it running and driving ect. I would like to get it so i can drive it to the pcs meet this summer. I will start to fix body issues after that.

It got dropped off to me by one of my friends at 1:15 saturday morning. we just rolled it off the trailer to where it is sitting now. Im going to start it up and spin it around in the shop. Then i will be able to get some better pictures of the front end. It was raining all day yesterday so i did not do that, and today i have a get together we have to do. So im really excited to play with the new toy. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!! hee hee

Congrats Great car..... 1958 has always been one of my fav years of Cadillacs..Glad she is in the hands of someone that can do her up right.

I wondered how long he was going to drag the teaser out. we can now compare the differences in the MM and the Eureka. I see a lot of them as you scroll around the car. the gas tank is a 57 caddy one. standard tank out of a 57 fit right in. the fuel gage is a standard one for the same year caddy which carried over on the commercial cars till 71. let me know your plans on that dash crash pad. so far the only thing I have found is a plastic over lay.

Rocky, you are not alone, I have always wanted a 58 and think the style is so classy. First year for the quad headlights on a Cadillac. As for the engine, they are very nice running engines, and are a variant of the 331 used in your 49 S&S (cant remember if yours still has a stock engine). Now that you are a proud owner of one of these coaches its M-M, not M&M. Not trying to be an ass, but just want you to know the correct way. From the pics I cannot tell if its a straight hearse or combo. If its a hearse the model is called Classic. it sold for $9,927.00. Sorry, could not find any production numbers.

I cannot wait to see this next year!!!
Just think, it all started with the 49 S&S, I bet you never thought you would become addicted to professional cars. As much as I want you to get this and the Olds done, you better get your wifes truck done before she kills you!

Congrats Rocky !!!

That looks so long and low ! Lots of lines and class !

You will make it a thing of beauty I know as I have seen your work and many of
the cars you have restored and painted.

I am really happy for you ! Finding a car you want is better than Christmas.

Enjoy the ride,
Darren

I wondered how long he was going to drag the teaser out. we can now compare the differences in the MM and the Eureka. I see a lot of them as you scroll around the car. the gas tank is a 57 caddy one. standard tank out of a 57 fit right in. the fuel gage is a standard one for the same year caddy which carried over on the commercial cars till 71. let me know your plans on that dash crash pad. so far the only thing I have found is a plastic over lay.

John, thank you for that info. Im going to start to make my laundry list of stuff im going to buy and that is one of them!! I will keep you posted on the dash pad. Im going to get the mechanic's out of the way this winter befor the body stuff. And that is a hard thing for someone that would rather get dusty then greasy.

Rocky, you are not alone, I have always wanted a 58 and think the style is so classy. First year for the quad headlights on a Cadillac. As for the engine, they are very nice running engines, and are a variant of the 331 used in your 49 S&S (cant remember if yours still has a stock engine). Now that you are a proud owner of one of these coaches its M-M, not M&M. Not trying to be an ass, but just want you to know the correct way. From the pics I cannot tell if its a straight hearse or combo. If its a hearse the model is called Classic. it sold for $9,927.00. Sorry, could not find any production numbers.

I cannot wait to see this next year!!!
Just think, it all started with the 49 S&S, I bet you never thought you would become addicted to professional cars. As much as I want you to get this and the Olds done, you better get your wifes truck done before she kills you!
thanks for the correction on my part, Yes it is funny at getting my 49 cad and getting involved with the PCS has changed my love and intrest's in cars. It still has some of my friends shaking their heads. Since i has been diehard Kustom car and hot rod guy befor that. But i keep opening their eyes to all the custom coach work on them and some of them have come around, and others still think im wacked and dont understand that. But i think that is a thing that all of with these car have experienced befor and still will. But thinking back i chuckel at now i have 5 pro cars. But as i have said with all my cars they are pack animals and dont like to be alone. Thats my story and im sticking to it!!!

Awesome, Rocky! Many congratulations! Tom

Tom, I wanted to go to that auction so bad and try to buy that car, but time was just not right then. Now that i have cleared out a good handfull of some of my cars i have had for a bunch of years this year. Its time to change it up with some new stuff that has me excited again.

What is the car's history?

Steve,
when i bought the car it came with a nice folder on the car, i believe Kurt may have put together on it. Here is what i know about it from that info

the original owner james & Martha Hinkley in Berwick Pa

2nd owner Milkelski Funeral home Plains PA

3rd owner Verespy funeral home Plains Pa 1968-1974

4th owner Corcoran Funeral home Plains PA 1974-1980

That is the service record that i have on it. Kurt may be able to add to it since it was in his posession for some time

Back