1950's Windsor Ambulance Service photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you happen to catch that these two ambulance are NOT ONE and the same. There are distinct differences between the two. Roof lights and that single red forward facing light on the hood. Must have that California law in effect in Canada too.

Richard

Single light on the hood flashed, unlike the California requirement for a steady burn red to the front. From the early 70's thru 2001, the province bulk purchased ambulances and distributed them to the services under the funding agreement. The Ontario Ministry of Health, Emergency Health Services had the distinction of bankrupting every ambulance manufacturer they did business with ( except Demers & Crestline, not that they didn't try) and one manufacturer, Sentinnel, went into bankruptcy at least 3 times under different owners. Ontario has the most stringent standards and testing requirements for ambulances in North America, far in excess of KKK.

Did you happen to catch that these two ambulance are NOT ONE and the same. There are distinct differences between the two. Roof lights and that single red forward facing light on the hood.

Richard

Wasnt much to catch, if you would have read post #12 it mentioned the difference right in there.:D

Ah, you know, those van and box ambulances all look alike........ :rolleyes:

(Well, actually, the van and box ambulances have some personality and differences from one another. True, not as much as pro-car ambulances do. But if you really look, they are different, too! :cool:)

My bad! That's what I get for not reading the entire posts.

No worries, glad you noticed it on your own, that means you are becomming the addict that the rest of us are.

I do like the molded in hood light better than the one thats just stuck on, makes it look like they put more thought into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back